Generating IPA Files never finish

Posted by John Goodland on 24-Mar-2014 11:01

Trying to generate an IPA file that's been working fine all day, now it just sits on generating please wait. Anyone else having this problem.

All Replies

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 24-Mar-2014 11:04

Same issue here. I had the same issue last week and something had to be reset at Appery. This occurs over and over again.

Posted by John Goodland on 24-Mar-2014 11:09

Thanks for confirming - thought I was going mad.. Progress, please, please can you resolve these issues. I thought, some months ago, you were investing in an alerting system to warn you of such outages. Maybe it went into Rollbase instead :(

Posted by Shelley Chase on 24-Mar-2014 11:16

Checking into this now.

-Shelley

Posted by John Goodland on 25-Mar-2014 03:05

Sorry Shelley still down this morning. Case logged 00269948

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 25-Mar-2014 09:58

It looks like it make be resolved...I was just able to build my IPA file.

Posted by John Goodland on 25-Mar-2014 10:33

not for me !  I've got some to work and some that don't.

Tech support looking and the workaround doesn't appear to be working when you have modified the appname-info.plist. I don't see anyway to revert files from blue to black on the source tab i.e. revert change and take original version. The change I've made in the plist is to hide the status bar. 

FYI the workaround for apps not working is to make a change in App Settings which should regenerate the project template.

Posted by Phillip Molly Malone on 25-Mar-2014 15:45

You know there is a more simple fix to this issue, right?

Just move all your users to Android! You would be doing them a favour! ;-)

[tag:Kidding]
[tag:WellSortOf]

(Views in this post (including if it is funny) are my own and don't represent the views of my employer (who definitely don't think its funny!)

Posted by egarcia on 25-Mar-2014 16:31

Hello John,

>> Tech support looking and the workaround doesn't appear to be working when you have modified the appname-info.plist.

>> I don't see anyway to revert files from blue to black on the source tab i.e. revert change and take original version. The change I've made in the plist is to hide the status bar.

I just wanted to share a couple of tips in case you still need help.

The Mobile App Builder provides an option to hide the status bar in the App settings->iOS Keys:

A possible option to restore the appname-info.plist file would be to compare the appname-info.plist file with one in

a project that you know works fine. Perhaps, a backup of the app or a version created using the Mobile App Builder

(Version tab in APPS page).

It could be that the appname-info.plist has an error that prevents it from building in Xcode.

A way to troubleshoot this issue might be to export the app as an Xcode project and build it in Xcode.

I hope this helps.

Posted by John Goodland on 26-Mar-2014 02:58

thanks for the suggestions egarcia (and Phillip)

I will look into building this in xcode as I'm more interested in the reason it fails - maybe it could help others ;) Incidentally, the reason I changed appname-info.plist was to do with the uiStatusBarHidden (you highlight above) not working.

Android ? Please iOS rocks [tag:notKidding] #AppleGeek

Posted by John Goodland on 26-Mar-2014 03:44

Bug found yeah loud yelp ;) 

New version of appname-info.plist:-

<key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key>

<true/>

Old version (missing true bit)

Posted by egarcia on 26-Mar-2014 04:17

Hello John,

It is good to know that the issue is now resolved.

FYI

UIPrerenderedIcon corresponds to "Icon already includes gloss effects" in Xcode and it is listed in the iOS keys in the Mobile App Builder.

The value can be <true/> or <false/> but if it this entry is missing (as in the issue that you had), it would cause the following error in Xcode:

Info.plist Utility Error:

The data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format.

Best regards.

Posted by John Goodland on 26-Mar-2014 04:31

thanks for info - strange one it used to work prior to Monday 3pm. Do you know if the UIPrerenderedIcon is a new thing come about since the xcode version upgrade?

Posted by egarcia on 26-Mar-2014 04:54

Hello John,

I believe that I have seen the UIPrerenderedIcon in the iOS keys before the upgrade.

The UIPrerenderedIcon is the option that gives the shine effect to the app icon in iOS and it was introduced by Apple in the first version of iOS.

I think that the iOS keys section shows all the valid keys in the appname-info.plist, so it should have been there before the upgrade.

Thanks.

Posted by Shelley Chase on 26-Mar-2014 13:04

Hi John,

Can you provide a backup of the project to tech support? I am trying to improve the error messages returned when the build fails.

Thanks

-Shelley

Posted by John Goodland on 27-Mar-2014 02:48

sure - I've attached the backup to the support case 00269948.

Backup is of the failing build requiring the true bit being added to:-

<true/>

This thread is closed