digital signature

Posted by meyrick on 27-Feb-2014 08:42

Hi there

I would like to know if there is a way to do digital signatures in your mobile app? Maybe use the picture box to sign on? If anyone knows how please let me know.

thanks

meyrick

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 27-Feb-2014 09:10

DO you mean capturing a person's signature? If so, there are a number of javascript libraries that can help you. I don't believe that this is available as a component (it's a great idea for an Idea , if you know what I mean).

There was a similar question on these forums a little while ago, with some good responses.

-- peter

[collapse]
From: meyrick [mailto:bounce-meyrick@community.progress.com]
Sent: Thursday, 27 February, 2014 09:43
To: TU.Mobile@community.progress.com
Subject: [LIKELY JUNK]digital signature

Thread created by meyrick

Hi there

I would like to know if there is a way to do digital signatures in your mobile app? Maybe use the picture box to sign on? If anyone knows how please let me know.

thanks

meyrick

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Shelley Chase on 27-Feb-2014 09:12

Hi Meyrick,

There are some open source and licensed third party components you could use. I have not personally used any so I cannot recommend one over the other.

-Shelley

Posted by Ricardo Perdigao on 27-Feb-2014 10:28

Meyrick,

On the Application Sample (that I've provided you recently), you will find a working sample of a Digital Signature capture using JavaScript Open Source libraries.  It is implemented under the Customer Details page.

Warm Regards,

Ricardo Perdigao

Posted by meyrick on 28-Feb-2014 01:26

Hi Ricardo,

Are you referring to the scrollable App?

Posted by Ricardo Perdigao on 28-Feb-2014 06:38

Meyrick,
I thought that's also what I meant! Have the user sign on the screen using his finger tip?
Regards,
Ricardo

Sent from my iPhone

This thread is closed