Rest Service and Webspeed Broker

Posted by bharold on 31-Jan-2014 19:53

Can Rest service connect to Webspeed broker or do I need to create Resbroker Appserver instance? 

I tried to change the runtime.props file of my rest application. But it did not work.

If it's possible can someone post a sample runtime.props file ? what parameter would defer to connect to remote webspeed broker vs. local restbroker1.

Thanks,

Brady H

Posted by Bill Wood on 01-Feb-2014 01:33

A ReST Adapter (for OpenEdge Mobile or for generic rest) must point to an AppServer. The ReST adapter invokes ABL objects as a java Open Client. The AppServer is the only component that that receive the invocation request. WebSpeed applications can expose ReST endpoints, but WebSpeed handles the HTTP request/Reply itself and does bit work with the OpenEdge ReST Adapter. =

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 01-Feb-2014 01:33

A ReST Adapter (for OpenEdge Mobile or for generic rest) must point to an AppServer. The ReST adapter invokes ABL objects as a java Open Client. The AppServer is the only component that that receive the invocation request. WebSpeed applications can expose ReST endpoints, but WebSpeed handles the HTTP request/Reply itself and does bit work with the OpenEdge ReST Adapter. =

This thread is closed