Security Certificate expired and not showing my apps

Posted by John Goodland on 06-Jan-2014 03:01

https://project.mobile.progress.com/, running in google chrome, is moaning about the security certificate expired continuing will show no apps.

Cerfitcate expired 04/01/2014. 

All Replies

Posted by jackiep on 06-Jan-2014 03:43

Ditto.

Posted by John Goodland on 06-Jan-2014 03:48

case logged 00262652, please add your issue to this jackiep.

Doubt we will hear anything till 2pm this afternoon as per normal ! Very annoying, that we in Europe, have to hold on till US team wake up.

Another day lost as Progress seem unable to support cloud based development platforms - yes I'm annoyed !!!!!

Posted by Mike Fechner on 06-Jan-2014 03:50

[quote user="john.goodland"]

Another day lost as Progress seem unable to support cloud based development platforms - yes I'm annoyed !!!!!

[/quote]
Understandable. But bare with them. The expiry date of SSL certificates is always such a surprising thing...

Posted by John Goodland on 06-Jan-2014 03:56

true and I understand, however management don't. Its recorded as yet another outage in  Progress OEMobile development environment

Posted by egarcia on 06-Jan-2014 04:05

Hello John,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Have you reported the issue via Technical Support?

I will contact our IT department to renew the certificates.

Thanks again.

Posted by John Goodland on 06-Jan-2014 04:06

case logged 00262652  @ 8.50am UK TIme

Posted by Bill Wood on 06-Jan-2014 04:26

The second post in the thread seems to indicate that there is a tech support case already (Case # 00262652)

Posted by jackiep on 06-Jan-2014 05:27

It's worth pointing out that although this may seem non-urgent US-time, it's causing serious issues UK-time!  How long does it take to renew a certificate?

Posted by John Goodland on 06-Jan-2014 07:00

1pm uk time down all morning only update below.

Thanks for reporting this issue. In fact our System Operations team is currently working to have this incident resolved as soon as possible. I will keep you posted.

Posted by egarcia on 06-Jan-2014 07:14

Hello John,

I am sorry for the issues.

I received some feedback.

I wanted to share a workaround that I just tested and work with Firefox and Safari.

The mobile.progress.com site has 3 sub sites. If you add the three sites as exceptions you should be able to access the Mobile App Builder.

The sites are the following:

- account.mobile.progress.com/home

- appbuilder.mobile.progress.com/projects

- project.mobile.progress.com

You can enter these URLs in the web browser to access each of the sites and accept the certificate.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Posted by John Goodland on 06-Jan-2014 07:17

The solution above works for me in Firefox, haven't tried Safari.

Thanks.

Posted by John Goodland on 07-Jan-2014 02:27

looks like the certificate issue got fixed....  

Posted by ymaisonn on 07-Jan-2014 03:00

This incident is now resolved

Regards

Yannick

Posted by Peter Mellow on 07-Jan-2014 09:22

We are putting a better process in place to track the certificates to get them renewed well in advance of expiration. It's not like it's a surprise as to when they expire.

Peter

This thread is closed