Synchronization between tiggzi and openedge

Posted by rperuchet@hotmail.com on 03-Oct-2013 03:19

Hi Experts, This seems a communication problem between tiggzi and openedge. Changes realized in tiggzi can be visualized when I create the apk. But, when I export the mobile project with openedge and execute with navigation in local mode ( myownip:port/DemoMobileService/ ) only can see the tiggzi first version.It seems that the problem exists as soon as other project is created in tiggzi. Of course .war is correctly deployed and history of navigator was deleted.Any help?Regards.

All Replies

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 03-Oct-2013 04:33

Hi Roger,

I have a quick question regarding sync issue between tiggzi and OpenEdge Mobile developement platform (Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge).

Have you republished the Mobile App from PDSOE after you changed the Mobile App from Tiggzi?

The sources from Tiggzi are not in sync by default with Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge (PDSOE) . Developer has to do any one of the following operations explicitly from PDSOE to be in sync with the sources from Tiggzi.

1. Right click on Mobile App from project explorer in PDSOE and click on "Copy Sources Local" menu item that will fetch all the saved content from Tiggzi to PDSOE.

2. You can directly publish the Mobile App to Rest Manager (restmgr1) from PDSOE servers view, at that time it will implicitly download all the latest sources from Tiggzi and then publish the Mobile App to Rest Manager.

When you run a Mobile application locally, that will display the results based on the published content available in the local machine.

Can you try to republish your Mobile Application from PDSOE (if not done already) and check the results?

Hope this helps,

Sanjeev.

Posted by rperuchet@hotmail.com on 03-Oct-2013 06:08

Thanks for the response Sanjeev,

This is a very usefoul explanation in how it works. It seems my problem is, when I try to "Copy Sources Local" in PDSOE the tiggzi source is not refreshed in local (if try to open the projecte in PDSOE directly this opens correctly).

I have cheated the solution downloading source from tigzzi (exporting HTML/JS/CSS) and copying directly to local.

Can give me an idea why progress can't refresh the tiggzi code with "Copy Sources Local"? (I seems that it works and no error message are showed).

Regards.

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 03-Oct-2013 07:19

Hi Roger,

PDSOE copies sources to local only when the content in local file system is diffent from the cloud(Tiggzi). If you have changed anything in Mobile App Builder (Tiggzi) and saved that content, invoking "Copy Sources Local" fetches all the content from cloud to local system.

I did "Copy Sources Local" operation and able to get all the latest  sources from Tiggzi to local file system. After that i republished my  Mobile App to Rest Manager and able to see the latest results in  emulator.

Hope this helps,

Sanjeev.

This thread is closed