Updating JSDO service

Posted by johnallengreen on 05-Apr-2013 16:42

I went through the process of creating a business entity, adding the JSDO service to the mobile app project, and mapping the service to the fields in my mobile app.

Next I made additions to the business entity, and used the Edit Mobile Service dialog in PDSOE to rebuild the service's .json file.

Now, how do I update the service in the project in my mobile app? Do I have to delete the service, re-add it to the project, and redo all my mappings?

All Replies

Posted by Shelley Chase on 06-Apr-2013 14:09

Hi John,

You need to do a Create new using the same catalog file. This will add any missing services so all new server operations would be added as new services. We do not remove any existing services since as you say that would remove all the mappings you have worked so hard to do :-)

If you have updated an operation on the server side, you need to delete the matching service in the Mobile App Builder before re-importing the catalog. This will create a new service with the new signature.

-Shelley

Posted by asthomas on 07-Apr-2013 02:28

Would deleting the service before re-importing not result in the mapping disappearing as well?

Regards / Med Venlig Hilsen 

Thomas Hansen

Director

Posted by johnallengreen on 08-Apr-2013 10:24

That's what I found. Deleting the service dropped the mapping.

I was adding a new field to the temp-table. Is it possible to add a field to a temp-table without dropping and re-adding the services?

Posted by asthomas on 08-Apr-2013 10:33

I hope so;-) Otherwise you have to get it right the first time

Seriously though - if you cannot update an existing service with extra fields, then I can see that you would end up wasting huge amounts of time redoing work all the time.

Regards / Med Venlig Hilsen 

Thomas Hansen

Director

Posted by Peter Judge on 08-Apr-2013 10:48

It is possible. In service settings' request and response parameters you can add another parameter (which is basically a field). Same for removing fields from the TT. I have never tried this approach when changing relations or adding/removing tables.

-- peter

Posted by johnallengreen on 08-Apr-2013 10:53

Thanks Peter

This thread is closed