RestBroker

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 11-Apr-2013 06:22

Does someone know what this is used for under the restbroker agent server startup parameters. It gets added automatically when attempting to start the restbroker from within a PDSOE.

-pf "C:\OpenEdge\WRK\localhost:resource.openedge.appserver.restbroker1.pf"

My RestBroker will not start since it cannot find this file.

[13/04/11@07:17:40.909-0400] P-009032 T-001408 1 AS -- ** Unable to open parameter file C:\OpenEdge\WRK\localhost:resource.openedge.appserver.restbroker1.pf, errno 2. (1247)

All Replies

Posted by asthomas on 11-Apr-2013 06:33

As far as I have been able to work out, this reference (and the file, which is hidden somewhere) is created when you modify the AppServer Run Configuration from PDSOE.

It looks like it gets created when you add database connections to your AppServer. I logged a call with Tech Support recently about double references to this file being added sometimes. But have not been able to find consistent steps to reproduce.

So far my experience is to either use PDSOE or OE Explorer to manage you broker settings - and not both. They don't seem to work well together...

Regards / Med Venlig Hilsen 

Thomas Hansen

Director

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 11-Apr-2013 07:01

I think you are correct. Do not modify the restbroker config from within OE Explorer. I went back to run config and verified settings and clicked apply. Once I did that my restbroker now starts just fine...interesting.

Thanks.

Posted by Shelley Chase on 11-Apr-2013 12:48

However, this error message is misleading - feel free to log a bug.

Thanks

-Shelley

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 11-Apr-2013 13:43

It has been reported to PTS. I believe Brian Maher is working on logging a bug.

Thanks.

Roger Blanchard

This thread is closed