Push Notifications in OE Mobile

Posted by tyagi.ankit40 on 16-Apr-2013 07:41

How can i use Push notifications in my project?

All Replies

Posted by Shelley Chase on 16-Apr-2013 17:28

You can set the app to receive push notifications on the App Settings page of the project.

You also need a push notification service. Then from the AppServer you would need to call the push service.

Thanks

-Shelley

Posted by tyagi.ankit40 on 17-Apr-2013 00:27

Could you please provide an explanation / tutorial on how to create push services and how to use them to send and recieve using javascript on some event?

i went through Tiggzi tutorial for sending and receiving push notifications but that was not helpful. i asked tiggzi support for this but they said that this feature is not currently included in the progress projects. is that so? if not, could you please give me an example so that i can understand the basics of using push notifications?

Posted by tyagi.ankit40 on 17-Apr-2013 07:51

I wonder no one has tried it out..

Posted by wardcouckecac on 19-Apr-2013 08:40

Ankit, I think this can help you, it's a detailed explanation to use push notifications:

http://docs.appery.io/tutorials/sending-push-notifications-to-a-device

Posted by tyagi.ankit40 on 19-Apr-2013 08:45

Thanks. i had gone through this tutorial earlier but this won't help us (OE mobile). the options described in the tutorial are available only to tiggzi users and not to us. there must be some other (javascript code or services) way to use that but i am not able to figure it out yet.

Posted by tyagi.ankit40 on 20-Apr-2013 03:10

i would like to mention here that when i contacted tiggzi support, they said this is currently not possible in progress projects. what the hell!!!!!!

i can not notify a user whether someone has made a request to him for something in notifications bar. hope new version has all these features which every basic mobile app needs.

This thread is closed