Android Deployment Question

Posted by Sandy Caiado on 07-May-2013 14:54

I packaged up my app for Android, when I go to download it from my device, I get an error: It states:  parse error: There is a problem parsing the package.

I am not sure what this means, has anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

Sandy

All Replies

Posted by John Goodland on 07-May-2013 14:55

Thank you for your message. I am currently out of the office and only have intermittent access to email.

Best regards,

John

Posted by Steve Boucher on 07-May-2013 15:05

Hi Sandy,

Ok, let's see what's going on. I am not sure exactly where you are seeing the error. Correct me if I'm wrong. You used the Mobile AppBuilder to create a UI and when complete you chose to build and Android app thus creating a .apk file. Is this the process that generated the error? Were you able to create a .apk? Or are you saying that this worked, you have a .apk and are now trying to download it to your device? And this is where the error is happening?

Thanks,

Steve B.

Posted by Sandy Caiado on 07-May-2013 15:10

I see the error on my device. I get the .apk file generated, put it to a dropbox location, point my device browser at the dropbox location, download it, click on it to install it then I get the error.

Thanks Steve!

Sandy

Posted by Steve Boucher on 07-May-2013 15:25

Hi Sandy,

I am working with Edsel and there are two things we'd like you to check. First, on your device can you check what version of the OS (Android) and second there is a setting that you can set on Android devices that allows you to install from unknown sources - you can find it under application settings. Try that and let us know what you see. Note: where this option is set may differ depending upon device and OS version.

Steve

Sent from my iPad

This thread is closed