OEMobile Upgrades?

Posted by John Goodland on 18-Apr-2013 02:51

*** At the request of others I'm asking this on here as well as the PEG...

I understand Tiggzi is having a major upgrade this morning fixing several issues along with support for the latest version phonegap. During this time you will not be able to access Tiggzi (soon to be called appery.io).

Does anyone know how this affects OEMobile? Several of the fixes are something I've been waiting for and fully expected OEMobile to be down this morning. However as it isn't, can I assume we are running on a branched version of Tiggzi? If so, how and when do we get the upgrades?

Cheers

John.

All Replies

Posted by Rob Straight on 18-Apr-2013 11:23

Exadel puts out new releases of their Tiggzi product on a fairly regular basis, typically on a schedule of 6 weeks or so. That frequency does not leave them any time to first run the new release by Progress for testing, so, they test and release on Tiggzi.com, and deliver the new release to Progress for testing with our OE Mobile solution. Once Progress has completed that testing, the new release can then be put into production on mobile.progress.com.

So in this example, Exadel just put out their 7.0 release. Progress is testing, and will have that same release put into production on mobile.progress.com as soon as the testing is completed.

Rob

Posted by arcade04 on 19-Apr-2013 02:01

Thanks Rob - please keep us in the loop and as much notice as possible for any downtime.

Posted by John Goodland on 19-Apr-2013 02:02

not sure how that last post got posted as Simon

Posted by wardcouckecac on 19-Apr-2013 08:13

Is the timefrime of rollout from Tiggzi 7.0 update to Progress mobile appbuilder in the order of hours, days, weeks, or...?  Just to know where I have to focus next, because I cannot continue developing with these "deleted code-but-still-present-in-the-background" bugs, I have to restart my whole project every 4 days or so because of this.

Posted by tyagi.ankit40 on 19-Apr-2013 08:16

+100 for this. this is quite frustrating.

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 01-May-2013 08:03

Rob,

Any update on this release?

Posted by Rob Straight on 01-May-2013 08:18

We are working with Exadel to get their 7.0 release published in the OE Mobile App Builder area as soon as possible. One small delay is that there is a week long holiday in the Ukraine where a large part of their devleopment is done, so that has slowed us somewhat.

Going forward, we are looking at streamlining the upgrade process from Exadel- no SLA's established yet, but having to wait 3-4 weeks is not ideal- a week or two tops would be our goal.

Thanks,

Rob

Posted by Admin on 01-May-2013 08:25

a week or two tops would be our goal.

Can we please get the same level of attention for the OpenEdge Ultra Controls?

Posted by Rob Straight on 01-May-2013 13:08

The Infragistics Ultracontrols are a different discussion, in the sense that updates are tied to specific OpenEdge releases. Exadel is upgrading their mobile environment at a much more rapid pace, given that it is delivered as a service in the Cloud.

OpenEdge unfortunately fell behind with the Infragistics releases over the last 12-18 months. However, our goal is to update the controls (if a newer version is available, which typically it is) whenever there is a new major (e.g. 11.0) or point release (e.g. 11.3) of OpenEdge. We are looking at the possibility of decoupling the Infragistics updates from the OpenEdge releases, but at this time we do not have the mechanisms in place to make that happen. As we've always stated, if your use case is that you need the latest version of the controls as soon as possible, it would be best to purchase them directly from Infragistics. If you can live with some lag (but not a large lag like we've just lived through and are correcting), then continue to get the controls from Progress.

Rob

Posted by John Goodland on 02-May-2013 02:59

"a week or two tops would be our goal."

Posted by wardcouckecac on 08-May-2013 09:15

Any update on the upgrade from Tiggzi to Appery rollout to Progress mobile builder?

Posted by Rob Straight on 14-May-2013 14:23

Testing is close to complete. Some issues were discovered that are being patched before the release, to ensure the highest quality release. The target to upgrade is by the end of this week, but it is possible that it could go beyond that.

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 14-May-2013 14:26

Thanks for the info Rob.

Roger Blanchard

Posted by wardcouckecac on 15-May-2013 03:12

That is good news!  Will Phonegap 2.4.0 and jQuery Mobile 1.3.0 be included in the Progress release of Appery.io like it is included with Appery.io now?

Posted by wardcouckecac on 16-May-2013 06:44

Apparently the upgrade to Appery is done now. On first glance, no "resource view"? Are there other features that are available on Appery that are not included in the Progress version?

This thread is closed