Problems Getting Started

Posted by adisney on 13-Jun-2013 13:34

Trying to follow along with the "Getting Started" videos ... got about 3 minutes in before things started falling apart ...  Can anyone help?

1. I'm creating the new OpenEdge project, on the Define AppServer content module screen.  I don't see restbroker1 in the list, even though it shows up in OpenEdge Explorer and is running.  I get asbroker1, esbbroker1, icfrepos, and three of my own appservers (although I actually have four - why??).
  2. If I pick one of my own appservers and go on, the next screen is Create a Mobile service.  No OE Web Servers show up in the list. What to do?
  3. If I ignore this and go on, it asks for credentials .. for what?  How would I know what to put in here.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Anne

All Replies

Posted by pkavuri on 13-Jun-2013 22:18

Are you using new work space or old work space from previous version?

Posted by adisney on 14-Jun-2013 14:32

Yes, I was using a workspace from 10.2B.

Started a new workspace for the Mobile project, and found that I had to do Windows -> Preferences -> Progress OpenEdge -> Server -> OpenEdge Explorer, Edit, and correct the password.

Then tried to create the new Mobile project and found the appserver and the webserver in place when needed.

Went through all the settings I could think of in Windows -> Preferences to match my standard workspace to this new workspace, but still cannot create the project in the old workspace.  Oh well!

Posted by Anil Kumar on 14-Jun-2013 15:16

HI Anne,

Can you please check for the updated credentials in Preferences ((Window -> Preferences -> Progress OpenEdge -> Server) page. When connection in OpenEdge Explorer page possess different credentials as that of OEM page then both Appservers (restbroker1) and the Webserver (restmgr1) will not be displayed in the Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge (PDSOE).

>>>If I ignore this and go on, it asks for credentials .. for what?  How would I know what to put in here.

When creating a Mobile Project, a default mobile application gets created in the PDSOE. Where in the same mobile application is created in the Mobile Appbuilder. Inorder to proceed with this user need to provide valid PSDN credentials in the Mobile Appbuilder page in the Preferences page (Window -> Preferences -> Progress OpenEdge -> Mobile Application Builder)

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Anil Kumar.

This thread is closed