Updates to OE Mobile

Posted by Ankur Goyal on 24-Jul-2013 15:58

The recent release of OE Mobile packs several new features.
1. Express Mobile - With 11.3 release, customers will be able to use the new Express Mobile feature as a productivity aid for rapid development of mobile applications. Express Mobile allows you to completely generate and deploy a mobile app from an existing OpenEdge database schema.
11.2 and 11.3 customers can also take advantage of a lot of new features made to the OpenEdge Mobile App Builder like:

2.  Zoom feature – Zoom only the design canvas keeping everything else in the visual designer the same

3.  Session management has been improved to better support a “stateful session” for mobile devices.

4.  A new version of progress.js and progress.session.js has been included. There is now support for sorting in the JSDO and some new options to addRecords.

5.  Source Code Editor - You can now edit the source code of the created app within OE Mobile App Builder. A new Source tab allows you to view the existing code and make changes. Currently, this feature is only one-way and the edits to the code will not be reflected in the visual designer.

6.  Several bug fixes

7.  The Twitter sample has been removed due to changes in Twitter API.

Thanks

Ankur Goyal

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 02-Jan-2014 13:39

Thanks.  I particularly like the Zoom feature!

Posted by Phillip Molly Malone on 21-Jan-2014 17:48

Hey Ankur,

Looking at the date at the bottom of the Mobile AppBuilder, it seems a while since it has been sync'd with the Appery.io functionality. They have recently added some really, really cool features like 3rd party plugin support and maybe best of all, sliding Panels (which could be done now but are very messy). Any rough idea when that refresh might get done?

TIA

Posted by brianpreece on 05-Feb-2014 11:29

In the absence of an enhancement request forum, can I tell you what in my view would be the biggest improvement in the Mobile AppBuilder. At the moment, if you change the format of a temp table that is returned by a business entity or change the parameters of an invoke method, as far as I am aware, you have to delete the service and reimport it., in the process losing all your mapping and events. Being able to tell the MAB to refresh a service would save a lot of very tedious work. Of course, if there is already a way to do this, I will bite your hand off!

Posted by Shelley Chase on 05-Feb-2014 12:09

Hi Brian,

We agree that this is extra work and incrementally applying changes is in our backlog.

The good news is your hand is safe :-)

-Shelley

Posted by Roberta Miller on 05-Feb-2014 12:43

We actually do have something like an "enhancement request forum" in the Ideas page at https://community.progress.com/businessusers/i/openedge_database_enhancements_-_tell_us_what_youd_like_to_see/default.aspx. You can post  ideas for enhancements and vote for ideas that others have posted. There is a link to this page in the "Group Quick Links" section on the right side of both the Technical Users and Business Users forums. Knowledge base article 000010839, How to submit an idea for a Progress product enhancement, has a video of how to post the idea.

Shelley has let us know that your idea today is already on the roadmap, but maybe you can start a roar of support for this or some other idea!

This thread is closed