How To Change Port of Tomcat?

Posted by mainroad1 on 28-Aug-2013 15:44

I want to use a port other than 8980 for my Tomcat web server. I've tried a few things and hunted for an article or documentation on how to do so, but without any success. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for this?

Posted by knavneet on 23-Oct-2013 02:31

The Tomcat that comes with OpenEdge has 8980 set as the default port. You can change that by creating a .bat file in OpenEdge WorkDir with a name 'proset.bat'. In that bat file you may set an environment variable named OPENEDGE_HTTP_PORT to a different value and that will be used instead of default 8980

So, if you just want to change 8980 to a customized value (8981 say), create proset.bat as below:

proset.bat

------

## OpenEdge specific Tomcat customizations

OPENEDGE_HTTP_PORT=8981 ; export OPENEDGE_HTTP_PORT

HTH,

Navneet

All Replies

Posted by knavneet on 23-Oct-2013 02:31

The Tomcat that comes with OpenEdge has 8980 set as the default port. You can change that by creating a .bat file in OpenEdge WorkDir with a name 'proset.bat'. In that bat file you may set an environment variable named OPENEDGE_HTTP_PORT to a different value and that will be used instead of default 8980

So, if you just want to change 8980 to a customized value (8981 say), create proset.bat as below:

proset.bat

------

## OpenEdge specific Tomcat customizations

OPENEDGE_HTTP_PORT=8981 ; export OPENEDGE_HTTP_PORT

HTH,

Navneet

Posted by mainroad1 on 23-Oct-2013 15:15

Thanks very much Navneet!

gord.

This thread is closed