Connect ODBC Driver To Oracle Cloud Service then getting 500

Posted by om.pandey@intsof.com on 30-Jul-2018 02:43

Hi All,

While I am trying to connect set up a new data source to connect Oracle Service Cloud then i am getting 500  Server Error (Failed Authentication Access Denied).

Can some one help me out to fix this issue.

All Replies

Posted by Avadhoot Kulkarni on 30-Jul-2018 03:52

Hi Om,

Can you please let us know the version of Oracle Service Cloud and JAVA version present on your machine?
If the JAVA version is not 1.8. Please give it a try with 1.8.

The newer instance of Oracle Service Cloud only accepts TLS1.1 or above during the authentication handshake which are not enabled for JAVA versions prior to 1.8.
If it still fails, Please send us the ODBC Trace, as well as Driver SOAP logs (Add logsoap=1 in your ODBC DSN or ODBC Setup Dialogue extended properties). Logsoap will print SOAP API logging on the application output console.

Thanks and Regards,
Avadhoot

Posted by om.pandey@intsof.com on 30-Jul-2018 04:29

Hi Avadhoot,

Both Installed Java version and ODBC driver JVM dll  version are 1.8 .

You can also check the error for more references :

and one more thing my log configuration was not working so could you please write step by step instruction to set log path as well . 

Posted by om.pandey@intsof.com on 30-Jul-2018 06:00

Hi Avdhoot,

In my case, both (java and Installed ODBC driver) JVM dll vserion are 1.8 and here i am attaching the error snapshots for more references.

Posted by Avadhoot Kulkarni on 30-Jul-2018 06:39

Thanks for the error snapshot Om. Looking at this error message this seems to be one of the know issues with the driver. We have already fixed it and currently the fixes are in QA.

Can you please confirm if you are a customer or prospect? if you are customer can you please file a customer support case so that we can provide you pre-qa build for this fix.

If you are prospect, can you please reach out to our sales team, so that they can provide you the pre-qa bits; So that you don't have to wait until patch is qualified.

Posted by Avadhoot Kulkarni on 31-Jul-2018 07:09

Hi Om,

I just realized than though symptoms are similar the error code we were receiving in the known issue i spoke about was 200OK and not 500 Internal server Error.

I know, you mentioned that you have admin access to the Oracle Service Cloud instance. But, Can you please check your user has SOAP API Access enabled? That may be a cause too.

Avadhoot

This thread is closed