HOW TO INSERT/UPDATE DATA IN A NON-JOURNALED DB2 ISERIES TAB

Posted by sdahlhaus@biederlack.de on 10-Jul-2018 09:57

With the 4.3 Version of the Provider I am not able to call SaveChanges() in Entity Framework.

It was working in 4.1 / 4.2 when setting the IsolationLevel to NoCommit in the connection string:

https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/How-to-insert-data-in-a-non-journaled-DB2-iSeries-table-with-the-Connect-for-ADO-NET-4-1-DB2-provider

But this no longer works, as it returns the following:

System.ArgumentException: The specified isolation level is not supported.

I tried setting different IsolationLevels all of which either returned the error above or the following:

SQL7008N "table_name" in "XXXXXX" not valid for operation.

Is there a solution / workaround for this in 4.3?

All Replies

Posted by Avadhoot Kulkarni on 11-Jul-2018 05:37

As the KB Article suggests you need to add Isolation level=None in your connection string. Have you tried that?

If not can you please give it a try.

In any case, please share you connection string with us along with ADO.NET Trace file. You can create the Trace file by adding "Trace File=c:\temp\adotrace.txt;Enable Trace=1;" in your connection string.

This additional information will help us understand why "no commit" was working for 4.2 and my not be working for 4.3.

Posted by sdahlhaus@biederlack.de on 12-Jul-2018 02:02

Thank you for your reply,

especially for showing me how to create the trace file, which will be very helpful for debugging.

Isolation levels None and No Commit gave the same results.

I have attached two trace files, one for the 4.2 version currently running on a server and one for the 4.3 version running locally on my development machine. 

In each I am reading data from a table (works for both) and trying to insert a new record which works in 4.2 but throws an error in 4.3

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/16/adotrace_5F00_4_5F00_2.txt:320:240][View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/16/adotrace_5F00_4_5F00_3.txt:320:240]

Posted by Soumendu Ghosh on 13-Jul-2018 05:52

Hi all,

Thanks for the quick reply and logs.

We have looked into the logs and it appears that’s it’s a provider bug in Connect For ADO.Net 4.3

Please file an Hotfix for the same.

Regards,
Soumendu

This thread is closed