Kerberos support using ADO.NET DB2 Provider

Posted by stoned99 on 17-Apr-2018 13:51

Is anyone else using DataDirect for DB2 in a Keberos environment. I'm looking for some guidance on what is and isn't possible.

We have both LUW and Z/OS in our shop. We recently completed the Kerberos setup between Z/OS and AD and are finding that we cannot connect using Kerberos to our Z/OS DB2 instances because they require an SPN (Service Provider Name) in the connection string.

We are able to connect to LUW without without the need to specify anything other than to use Kerberos.

The two realms trust each other so we are stumped.

All Replies

Posted by Avadhoot Kulkarni on 20-Apr-2018 07:34

Hi Mark,

We are looking into providing an option to specify Service Principal name during the connection, so that you would be able to achieve this. We will provide you an update on the support thread that you have created.

Regards,

Avadhoot

Posted by stoned99 on 20-Apr-2018 09:27

Thanks, if you need me to test prerelease code let me know.

Posted by Avadhoot Kulkarni on 20-Apr-2018 09:58

That would be great Mark!

Will let you know.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Avadhoot Kulkarni on 25-Apr-2018 00:01

Hi Mark,

We are planning to implement this enhancement in connect for ADO.NET 4.3. Can you please confirm if that works for you?

We are planning to pick this up in coming sprint and may have a PRE-QA drop available for you to test around first week of May.

Regards,

Avadhoot

Posted by stoned99 on 25-Apr-2018 09:31

Yes, we will be able to test. The Systems Programmer is out this week, but back on Monday.

This thread is closed