No Data Error On Odbc Connection

Posted by Johnson Thomas on 16-Aug-2016 07:55

Hi,

I am facing an issue with the Progress ODBC connection, when connecting remotely.
However I am able to connect locally on the same server.

The error message received is 

Warning
---------------------------
[DataDirect][ODBC PROGRESS driver][PROGRESS]No Data

Source : OE11.3 64 bit
ODBC Driver : Openedge 11.3

Target : 
ODBC Driver : Datadirect 4.1o 32 bit

DB Startup parameter is as below

_mprosrv custom -L 122880 -c 350 -B 2000 -spin 8000 -n 301 -Mn 8 -Ma 25 -S custom -H TESTSERVER -N TCP

In the services file, i have mentioned the port for Custom DB.

I am able to telnet the port from the target server and netstat showing the connection is established.

Could anybody please help me, what can be the reason.

Thanks

All Replies

Posted by Brent Adonis on 16-Aug-2016 08:49

Hi,

Why are you using version 4.1 of the DataDirect Driver? The latest version of the Data Direct ODBC driver for OE is version 7.1.5.

What product is on the target machine that needs to access the OE data on the source machine?

Posted by Bruce Rudd on 16-Aug-2016 09:10

From the info provided I can't give you any specific feedback but there are a couple of knowledge base articles regarding this error.

[View:http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/P186534:550:50]

[View:http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000053520:550:50]

Posted by Keith Sudbury on 16-Aug-2016 09:42

Sounds like you are using a very old/generic driver instead of the drivers that are delivered/supported by OE 11.3.

First follow the steps from this KB:

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P88405

After that... On the client side try using the IP address and services number (not name) to make sure they are both being resolved as you think they are.

Posted by Johnson Thomas on 17-Aug-2016 05:06

Thanks all for your input, as you all said it was because of ODBC compatibility issue.

I Could able to connect now with the latest data direct ODBC.

I have one more question now, There is a ODBC driver which gets installed on the Openedge installation.

Is there any way where we can have only that driver installed , rather than installing the entire progress.

I just want the ODBC driver on the target server so that the ETL tool can talk to the Progress DB.

Posted by Brent Adonis on 17-Aug-2016 05:28

You can download the SQL Client Access product from the ESD using your normal login credentials. The product is available for both 32 and 64 bit environments for Windows and Linux platforms and is FOC.

Posted by Johnson Thomas on 17-Aug-2016 05:33

Thanks Brent

This thread is closed