MongoDB odbc driver::Update schema definition file without u

Posted by jhessie.g on 17-May-2016 21:16

Hello,

Is it possible to update e.g. rename or dropping existing table mapping in schema definition file
without using schema tool?

Cheers,

Jhessie

All Replies

Posted by Brody on 18-May-2016 13:27

As it stands today, I am not aware of a way to do this without using the schema tool.

Posted by Dion Picco on 18-May-2016 13:31

Hi Jhessie

What is your use-case to needing to do this outside of the schema tool?

Thanks!

Posted by jhessie.g on 18-May-2016 19:18

I have specific requirement where I need to execute a batch of queries for data segmentation. This batch of queries

contains DDL (CREATE and DROP tables) and DML (INSERT, SELECT, DELETE) query syntax. Since the driver

doesn't support DDL syntax yet, I ended up using MongoDB native command. The issue I'm having right now

is on dropping collections from MongoDB as REFRESH MAP does not update the schema definition file in this context. REFRESH MAP appears only to discover the newly created collection and the schema definition file will be updated.

I raised this already as an issue in Progress support three months ago, but their support advised me that this is not an issue but rather an enhancement. I've submitted to Ideas to be able to support basic DDL (DROP, CREATE, ALTER)

syntax three months ago but until now the idea is still under review and no one votes for it.

Any thoughts you'll be contributed are much appreciated.

This thread is closed