AS400 ODBC "LibraryList" parameter equivalent in

Posted by Jaya Simha on 14-Oct-2015 13:20

Hi team,

I am migrating the ODBC connections from Windows to Unix machine. Windows machine has iSeries ODBC Drivers installed to connect to iSeries & the Unix machine would use Data Direct ODBC drivers.

For AS400, there exists a parameter "LibraryList" where we provide the list of libraries separated by spaces. Do we have any equivalent DD ODBC Driver parameter to provide the library list?

I tired using Collection parameter which takes only one Library Name, I want to provide a list of library names.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thank you,

JS

All Replies

Posted by Brody on 15-Oct-2015 15:26

Hi Jaya,

We don't have an identical option.  It's been a while since we've looked into this enhancement, but I don't believe there's a way to mimic this functionality when connecting to iSeries via the DRDA protocol (which is what our driver uses).

However, our CurrentFunctionPath will result in a similar behavior with respect to executing stored procedures and data type references.

All that said, if you capture the network traffic between your iSeries ODBC driver via WireShark or our snoop tool (www.progress.com/.../download-tools), I'd be able to take a quick look to ensure the method used to set the librarylist with the driver you have could not be implemented with a DRDA based driver.

Thanks,

Brody

Posted by Jaya Simha on 27-Oct-2015 00:23

Thank you Brody for your response.

The problem I have is that the trigger, when activated by DD ODBC, does not have a library list that included our programs library. So, basically, when the trigger would try to run it could not find the program to execute, and would just fail to work. (Insert statement would would execute the Trigger internally).

This issue was resolved using the "Library List" parameter in AS400 ODBC Driver. I am looking for solution to address this issue.

I have tried with setting "CurrentFunctionPath" parameter in odbc.ini file, using 'SET CURRENT PATH', using 'SET PATH', nothing helped.

Please let me know if you have any other options.

Regards,

Jay

Posted by Jaya Simha on 05-Nov-2015 00:00

Anyone has suggestions/recommendations ? Appreciate your response.

This thread is closed