Heroku Postgress

Posted by kevin.bird on 12-Oct-2015 06:37

Hi, I am trying to connect to a Heroku Postgress database and getting the message that the database does not exist or I am not the owner. Any ideas whey it will not connect, when i can connect directly with PGAdmin with the same credentials?

Regards

Kevin

All Replies

Posted by jhobson on 12-Oct-2015 07:28

Kevin,

Is your error message like this?

Connector <value> does not exist or you are not the owner.

This indicates that the Connector ID for your On-Premise data source is not correct. You’ll get the Connector ID from the Config Tool in your On-Premise Connector installation – a 36-character GUID.

I hope this helps and good luck,
John

Posted by kevin.bird on 12-Oct-2015 07:50

Thanks John, That is the error I am getting: [d2c][JDBC Cloud driver][Service]Connector xxxxx does not exist or you are not the owner.

I am connecting to a Cloud instance - Heroku NOT on premise. Any idea why I get this error?

Kevin

Posted by jhobson on 12-Oct-2015 08:01

Kevin,

It’s appears you’ve created an On-Premise Data Source instead of a Cloud Data Source. When you edit your data source, does it say “Edit On-Premise <database> Data Source” at the top and have a “Connector ID” as the last option? If so, you’ll need to create a new Cloud Data Source. We don’t support changing the data source type between cloud and on-premise. Sorry. When creating a data source, most have an option at the top to choose On-Premise or Cloud.

John

Posted by kevin.bird on 12-Oct-2015 08:08

Thanks John, I recreated it now get this message:

[d2c][JDBC Cloud driver][PostgreSQL]no pg_hba.conf entry for host "xx.xx.xx.xx", user "user", database "database", SSL off

Posted by jhobson on 14-Oct-2015 06:16

Kevin,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We’re working on the problem and will be in touch with you soon.

Thanks,
John

This thread is closed