OpenAccess for OpenEdge: extent fields (arrays)

Posted by Mike Fechner on 28-Oct-2014 16:38

Hi all,

I have adopted the customer_pd sample data source for salesrep_pd, see attached file.

The salesrep table has an array field (monthquota). The Json data in the catalog file looks like this here:

"MonthQuota": {
"type": "array",
"maxItems": 12,
"items": {"type": "integer"},
"ablType": "INTEGER",
"default": 0
},

when opening the ODBC data source in Excel I am getting this error:

---------------------------
Database Error: 10300
---------------------------
[DataDirect][ODBC OpenAccess SDK driver][OpenEdge]JSONObject["title"] not found.[10300]
---------------------------
OK Abbrechen
---------------------------

When I remove the array field, everything works fine with the data source.

Are array fields supported with OpenAccess for OpenEdge?

All Replies

Posted by Brahmananda Gouni on 28-Oct-2014 23:36

Hi Mike,

In the current release we don't have support for extent (array) fields.

Currently we have support only for below ABL data types.

BLOB, Character, CLOB, Date, DateTime, DataTime – TZ, Decimal, Integer, Int64, Logical and  Raw.

Please refer the user guide for more details.

Thanks

Brahma

Posted by Mike Fechner on 29-Oct-2014 01:14

Hi Brahmananda,

Is the support for the array fields on the roadmap and planned for a future release?

If so, when?

Regards,
Mike

In the current release we don't have support for extent (array) fields.

Currently we have support only for below ABL data types.

BLOB, Character, CLOB, Date, DateTime, DataTime – TZ, Decimal, Integer, Int64, Logical and  Raw.

Please refer the user guide for more details.

Thanks

Brahma

Posted by Chandra Sekhar on 29-Oct-2014 01:45

Hi Mike,

We will support these features in next release. Dates are not finalized, I will keep you posted.

Thanks and Regards,
Chandu

[collapse]

In the current release we don't have support for extent (array) fields.

Currently we have support only for below ABL data types.

BLOB, Character, CLOB, Date, DateTime, DataTime – TZ, Decimal, Integer, Int64, Logical and  Raw.

Please refer the user guide for more details.

Thanks

Brahma

Posted by Mike Fechner on 29-Oct-2014 01:52

Thanks!

In the current release we don't have support for extent (array) fields.

Currently we have support only for below ABL data types.

BLOB, Character, CLOB, Date, DateTime, DataTime – TZ, Decimal, Integer, Int64, Logical and  Raw.

Please refer the user guide for more details.

Thanks

Brahma

Posted by bwright on 29-Oct-2014 13:15

Hi Mike,

I'm the product manager for OpenAccess. I'm in London next week speaking at a conference (Thur morning) and would like to suggest a call. I'd like to better understand what you're working on (understand that you'll be presenting something to the European PUG) and what additional needs you've identified. Thanks.

Brad

[collapse]

In the current release we don't have support for extent (array) fields.

Currently we have support only for below ABL data types.

BLOB, Character, CLOB, Date, DateTime, DataTime – TZ, Decimal, Integer, Int64, Logical and  Raw.

Please refer the user guide for more details.

Thanks

Brahma

[/collapse][/collapse]

This thread is closed