OpenAccess for OpenEdge Sort order

Posted by Mike Fechner on 28-Oct-2014 11:40

Hi all,

using the ABL samples provided with the OpenAccess IP for OpenEdge, I am executing the following query on the customer_pd object from Excel 2013:

SELECT CUSTOMER_PD.CustNum, CUSTOMER_PD.Country, CUSTOMER_PD.Name, CUSTOMER_PD.Address, CUSTOMER_PD.Address2, CUSTOMER_PD.City, CUSTOMER_PD.State, CUSTOMER_PD.PostalCode, CUSTOMER_PD.Contact, CUSTOMER_PD.Phone, CUSTOMER_PD.SalesRep, CUSTOMER_PD.CreditLimit, CUSTOMER_PD.Balance, CUSTOMER_PD.Terms, CUSTOMER_PD.Discount, CUSTOMER_PD.Comments, CUSTOMER_PD.Fax, CUSTOMER_PD.EmailAddress
FROM OPENEDGE.ABL.CUSTOMER_PD CUSTOMER_PD
WHERE (CUSTOMER_PD.CustNum<10000)
ORDER BY CUSTOMER_PD.Name

The JsonObject received as the "filter" parameter on the AppServer looks like this here:

{"ablFilter":"(CustNum < 10000)"}

So there is no order by information passed in. However the sample suggest that there should be an orderby attribute.

Is that a configuration setting I may have missed somewhere?

Thanks,

Mike

All Replies

Posted by pvorobie on 28-Oct-2014 11:45

Please make sure you have option "Service Object supports complex filter and sorting" checked on Object Edit page.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 28-Oct-2014 11:51

I am receiving Json already for the filter. So I was under the impression that was provided like that in the sample.

Where is that setting – so that I can double check?

Posted by pvorobie on 28-Oct-2014 12:02

Object Edit page.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 28-Oct-2014 12:21

Hi, I know where to find that setting in Rollbase and used it before.

But where do I find that setting in OpenAccess SDK for OpenEdge?

And as I wrote before – I do already get JSON data – but only the ablFilter property is set, not the orderby.