DataDirect call from progress ( access wired SQL )

Posted by clive@applog.co.nz on 24-Sep-2014 15:54

I am trying out the datadirect SQL ODBC from a red hat machine to an m/s 2014 SQL database.

I have the sample tools working so I can prove the connection, but I can find no manual about how to do this in progress the samples are all in C and I need to use progress code. Can anyone point me to a source of informtion to find out how to do this or has some sample code they could share.

Progress 11.4 on red hat.

datadirect SQL wired  ( latest version )

SQL 2014 windows 2008.

Posted by Jean Richert on 29-Sep-2014 03:30

Hi Clive,

Apparenlty this thread is a duplicate of community.progress.com/.../13012.aspx

Hope you're issue is solved.

All Replies

Posted by Jean Richert on 28-Sep-2014 10:18

Hi Clive,

Let me check with some resources if your post wouldn't be better answered by an OpenEdge expert.

Posted by Jean Richert on 29-Sep-2014 03:30

Hi Clive,

Apparenlty this thread is a duplicate of community.progress.com/.../13012.aspx

Hope you're issue is solved.

Posted by clive@applog.co.nz on 29-Sep-2014 14:15

Yes and there is still no answer I do not believe anyone has done this as progress cannot do it. SO I have had to go another way and progress loses a sale.

Clive

Clive Biddulph
Analyst/Programmer

Applied Logic Systems Ltd
Level 1, 1 Marewa Road, Greenlane, Auckland 1051 | PO Box 74-552, Market Road, Auckland 1546

Ph        +64 9 520 1853
Fax      +64 9 520 8051

The information contained in this email is intended for the recipient(s) only.  It may contain privileged or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute or take any action that relies on it. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete the message.   Whilst Applied Logic Systems Ltd uses virus scanning software, we exclude all liability for viruses or similar in this email or in any attachment.

[collapse]