Connecting to Pervasive

Posted by felix.obes@avisonaviation.com on 12-Feb-2014 12:53

While trying to create a new System DSN entry for the Btrive Driver provided on the 64 bit connect, I got some missing DLL errors which I overcame by getting the files. I am now not sure if the files I provided were not the right ones or what, but after I create the entry and give it the DDF files drectory it says it's connecting successful but I still cannot connect to it.

All Replies

Posted by ababu on 13-Feb-2014 06:07

Hi, can you provide some more details like:

Which DLL files did you copy and where?

And how did you try to connect (using ODBC administrator or the ODBC test tool) ?

Is there any error message at the end?

Posted by felix.obes@avisonaviation.com on 13-Feb-2014 07:37

pscore3.dll, pscl3.dll, and wbtrv32.dll. To System32 and SYSWOW64. The installers I tried here got me the 32 and 64 bit drivers installed, but on the 32bit I did not see a driver for Betrieve. If I ran odbcad32 from system32 I got not Betrieve Option. I downloaded the package Connect for ODBC for windows64 bit. I had first been directed to the XE for ODBC but I did not see the Betrieve option there. I tested only using the ODBC admnistrator test tool and with the application that is connecting to it. Both say there's a connection, but it does not look like it. Maybe I am doing something wrong elsewhere, I am just not sure what the setup usually is. What are the suggestions for connecting to Pervasive DBs.

Posted by ababu on 14-Feb-2014 04:10

>> Both say there's a connection, but it does not look like

Do you mean you are not able to execute any SQL query ? is there any error that makes you think that you are not connected to the DB?

Posted by felix.obes@avisonaviation.com on 14-Feb-2014 08:16

I think the problema is not with the progress driver. I think the problem is my understanding of how Pervasive Works and how I set it up. Also considering the data I have is from a very old version.

This thread is closed