Child records not associating properly in Corticon with Pare

Posted by Anverion on 13-Apr-2020 22:37

Hello--

I have an issue with a child record(s) associating properly with its parent.

For example, I have the following structure:

detail (parent) pk file_id, detail_id

contract (child of detail, parent of contract detail) pk contract_id, file_id, detail_id

contract detail (child of contract) pk contract_id, contract_detail_id

If I have a single detail, the contract and contract detail association is fine. However, if I have more than one detail, the contract is fine (child of detail) however, the contract details are missing from detail 1 and are empty on detail 2. All of the contract details are their own parent once the test is run.

The reason this is happening is that for each detail, it may have the same contract. Since the detail and the contract entities are linked by file_id and detail_id makes a unique association. The contract details does not have the same linkage. It only links to the contract by contract_id. So, for each detail and contract, you could have the same contract detail linkage.

I tried to add the file_id and detail_id to the contract detail entity and link that to the contract entity, but for 5000+ details, it could pull over 200k records and the 5000 detail is a rather small subset of what I have seen in our system. Support is looking at why 200k records is causing corticon to time out but there has to be a better solution.

For the contract details returned, I want them to associate properly to the contract, even if the same contract detail is used in multiple contracts. I'm attaching a doc file to show what's happening[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/14/calc_5F00_test_5F00_results.docx:320:240].

If you need more information, please let me know and I can provide it.

Thanks,

Branden

All Replies

This thread is closed