Is there a way to specify a working set to launch Studio ins

Posted by Seth Meldon on 03-Oct-2019 18:08

I know that I can specify the workspace by adding the -data argument in the target, is there anything similar for specifying the working set?

Posted by Seth Meldon on 10-Oct-2019 19:00

It was a unique situation but I figured it out with Harold's help. I had originally been looking for a way to:

1 - configure the rule projects shown in the project explorer at first launch of Studio, without being given the 'select or create workspace' dialogue.

2 - define these configurations so that they could be launched by other user accounts on the same machine, pulling in project files universal to all users of the machine.

My original thought was to specify either a workspace or a working set within that workspace. To specify the workspace, I needed the -data command. But to pre-configure these commands to also be functional for future, not yet created user accounts, we needed to define launch parameters that would specify both a specific user-driven work directory and workspace, as follows:

set CORTICON_WORK_DIR=%USERPROFILE%\Progress\CorticonWork_6.0

"C:\Progress\Corticon 6.0\Studio\eclipse\eclipse.exe" -data "%USERPROFILE%\Progress\Rule Projects\

This allowed multiple users to run with their own profile / workdir. Now, when new user accounts are created on the machine, and the rule projects are copied onto their accounts' file system, these shortcuts can be used for >1 user accounts.

All Replies

Posted by Harold-Jan Verlee on 04-Oct-2019 08:46

Hi Seth, do you mean with "working set" the Corticon studio working directory?

Posted by James Arsenault on 08-Oct-2019 14:25

From the Eclipse doc (had to look this up because I'm not familiar with it)

Working sets group elements for display in views or for operations on a set of elements.

The navigation views use working sets to restrict the set of resources that are displayed. If a working set is selected in the navigator, only resources, children of resources, and parents of resources contained in the working set are shown. The problems view, tasks view and bookmarks view can all be filtered based on a working set via the Filters view menu item. When using the search facility, you can also use working sets to restrict the set of elements that are searched.

Different views provide different ways to specify a working set. The views in the Eclipse SDK use the Window Working Set by default. The Window Working Set is initially empty. In order to modify the window working set you need to enable the Window Working Set command group via Window > Perspective > Customize Perspective.... You can then modify the window working set via Window > Working Sets menu or via corresponding toolbar button. Views that support working sets typically use the following working set selection dialog to manage existing working sets and to create new working sets:

Seth, what is it you're hoping to achieve with working sets?

Posted by Seth Meldon on 10-Oct-2019 19:00

It was a unique situation but I figured it out with Harold's help. I had originally been looking for a way to:

1 - configure the rule projects shown in the project explorer at first launch of Studio, without being given the 'select or create workspace' dialogue.

2 - define these configurations so that they could be launched by other user accounts on the same machine, pulling in project files universal to all users of the machine.

My original thought was to specify either a workspace or a working set within that workspace. To specify the workspace, I needed the -data command. But to pre-configure these commands to also be functional for future, not yet created user accounts, we needed to define launch parameters that would specify both a specific user-driven work directory and workspace, as follows:

set CORTICON_WORK_DIR=%USERPROFILE%\Progress\CorticonWork_6.0

"C:\Progress\Corticon 6.0\Studio\eclipse\eclipse.exe" -data "%USERPROFILE%\Progress\Rule Projects\

This allowed multiple users to run with their own profile / workdir. Now, when new user accounts are created on the machine, and the rule projects are copied onto their accounts' file system, these shortcuts can be used for >1 user accounts.

This thread is closed