Preserve logging from Service Callout

Posted by Bartel Dodeman on 28-Jun-2019 07:34

Hello,

I am using a Service Callout (SCO) within Corticon 5.6.0.3, which runs as a windows-service. Log-statements from this SCO show up in catalina.out, the only log-file that shows these log-statements.
Problem is that after a restart catalina.out is automatically rewritten and all the log-statements have disappeared. Is there a way to preserve these log-entries?

Here the Java-code i am using within my SCO:

import org.apache.log4j.Logger;

private static Logger LOG = Logger.getLogger(BrocacefDataService.class.getName());

LOG.error("my log entry")    // .info() does not show up in catalina.out hence i am using .error() allways

Posted by Bartel Dodeman on 01-Jul-2019 08:55

I have found the following solution for preserving the logging :

Changing Tomcat's configuration to use Log4j (log4j-1.2.17). This preserved the logging-entries, but failed to do a daily rollover. The addition of the  

org.apache.log4j.rolling.RollingFileAppender (package : apache-log4j-extras-1.2.17) enabled the creation of a catalina[date-value].log each day..

All Replies

Posted by Bartel Dodeman on 01-Jul-2019 08:55

I have found the following solution for preserving the logging :

Changing Tomcat's configuration to use Log4j (log4j-1.2.17). This preserved the logging-entries, but failed to do a daily rollover. The addition of the  

org.apache.log4j.rolling.RollingFileAppender (package : apache-log4j-extras-1.2.17) enabled the creation of a catalina[date-value].log each day..

This thread is closed