Corticon deployment console failed generating .eds file

Posted by navjot on 27-May-2019 13:07

I have embedded around 45 models (subflows) in one major flow (around 10000 rules in it) which I deploy as one web service. Till now I was able to generate the precompile file (.eds) from Corticon deployment console having below memory settings. 

1. -Xms4096m
  2. -Xmx4096m

but after adding just one more model in major flow, deployment console failed generating pre complie file. First I though it may be because of less memory of deployment console but even after increasing memory setting to 12GB (-Xms12288m and -Xmx12288m), it is failing.

if I try generation .eds file for that individual model (to check if something is wrong in that model), I am getting success.

Can you please suggest something for the same? Is there any upper limit for adding subflows in a major flow? OR Is there any upper limit for adding numnber of rules in one service? 

I am using version 5.5.2 for Corticon.

All Replies

Posted by Harold-Jan Verlee on 27-May-2019 14:32

There is no limit as to the number of rules you can add to a ruleflow provided enough memory is available to your JVM. Please follow the instructions provided in this KB article: https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000031007. Please also note that if using a 32-bit OS, then the maximum amount of addressable memory is 2Gb. See: https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000046561. If you can't resolve your compilation issue, please log a support call before June 8th, when 5.5.2 runs out of support (EoL).We also strongly encourage you to update to the latest version of Corticon.

Posted by navjot on 28-May-2019 14:44

My OS is 64 bit and that article is saying to increase the memory setting but increasing memory from 4GB to 12GB is not even helping then I guess there must be something else.

Please let me know if there can be something else then just increasing memory setting.

Posted by Harold-Jan Verlee on 28-May-2019 15:37

I trust you're also running the 64-bit version of Studio 5.5.2? What you could try is test your complete ruleflow in Studio. It must compile for you to do your testing. So if it does compile and run, then most probably there is an issue in the deployment console. For that, you'll have to open a support call with Progress Support.

This thread is closed