something wrong with the Web Console and the Swagger

Posted by hmoi on 01-Feb-2019 04:56

Hi all,

I found something wrong with the Web Console and the Swagger with Corticon 5.6.1.

I setup them on the Tomcat after changing the name of the axis.war and the corticon.war files as bellow:
  axis.war -> axis_UAT.war
  corticon.war -> corticon_UAT.war

and I started the Corticon Server (Tomcat service).

Then, it is able to access to the Corticon Server via API command normally and get the result without any problem.
 for examples:
    http://localhost:8080/axis_UAT/services/CorticonAdmin?method=getCcServerInf

http://localhost:8080/axis_UAT/corticon/server/getProperties

However, attempt to access to the Corticon Server via Web Console or Swagger, it seems that the Web Cosoles and the Swagger can not respond approprately to this changed URL.
The Web Console has meaningless display and the Swagger returns the "404."

It seems that the constant values ("/axis/", "/corticon") of the URL referrencing to the Corticon Sertver and the Web Cosole are embedded in the source code of the Web Console and the Swagger.

It should be improved specification.

Thank you for your consideration on thie matter.

K.K.Ashisuto
Hirono

Posted by hmoi on 07-Feb-2019 09:54

Hi Jum-san,

Thank you for your reply and clarifying.

I understand what you said.

It has been requested so that it is not only for having multiple version but also for just having any named context url with both of "A" as well as "B", and easily reflect it to swagger.

Thank you for your consideration on this.

Best regards,

Hirono

All Replies

Posted by James Arsenault on 06-Feb-2019 18:25

Hirono-san,

Your analysis on corticon.war is correct, we don't support renaming of the war file because of hard-coded path references. I've add this to the backlog for consideration in supporting in a future release.

You can rename axis.war and have swagger work. To do this you need to modify swagger.api.basepath in the web.xml ?

<!-- Change this if you deployed you server in a different location -->

<init-param>

<param-name>swagger.api.basepath</param-name>

<param-value>/axis/corticon</param-value>

</init-param>

Sorry the rename of corticon.war is not supported and the rename of axis.war is not easy - rename of either has not been a requirement.

Is your goal to allow multiple versions of corticon.war and axis.war to be deployed to the same application server? I ask to be sure we understand more completely your intent such that any future changes satisfy your goal.

Regards,

Jim

Posted by hmoi on 07-Feb-2019 09:54

Hi Jum-san,

Thank you for your reply and clarifying.

I understand what you said.

It has been requested so that it is not only for having multiple version but also for just having any named context url with both of "A" as well as "B", and easily reflect it to swagger.

Thank you for your consideration on this.

Best regards,

Hirono

This thread is closed