Server crash due to memory leakage

Posted by archana.gupta on 02-Dec-2017 01:56

Corticon server instance of our DEV environment got crashed. Below is the error message in catalina.out file. 

Dec 01, 2017 1:27:32 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/axis] appears to have started a thread named [CcDiagnosticsThread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Dec 01, 2017 1:27:32 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
SEVERE: The web application [/axis] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@80ddd7e1]) and a value of type [ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger] (value [Logger[ds.TRSCBOBM.1.0]]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
Dec 01, 2017 1:27:32 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
SEVERE: The web application [/axis] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.ThreadLocalDocumentBuilder] (value [org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils$ThreadLocalDocumentBuilder@550ab5f8]) and a value of type [org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl] (value [org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl@c3b97ec5]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.

Below are the configuration of our Server

Java :- java7_64

Tomcat :- apache-tomcat-7.0.62

Corticon :- 5.5.2

Memory Setting in setenv.sh file :-  -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

I have made one .jar file for service Callout and for String Extension. I have used log4j.properties (org.apache.log4j.Logger) in this for logging. Size of my .jar is 4MB.

Please suggest what could be the root cause for this issue.

All Replies

Posted by Chris S. Hogan on 05-Mar-2018 12:20

The log msg indicates that since the axis app crashed, it did not have a chance to shut down the maintenance thread. The reason for the crash is unclear. Please open up a support ticket under your customer ID to begin a formal process of trouble shooting your issue.

This thread is closed