Unable to install Corticon Studio trial version download fro

Posted by Alexander Schmidt on 01-May-2017 13:27

When I try to run Corticon Studio Trial 5.6.1 64 bit, which I tried on several machines, I'm getting the following error:please select another location to extract the installer to... which doesn't lead to successful installation.

Looks like the download is broken, even though I tried to download it several times.

Any advise on how to resolve this issue?

All Replies

Posted by James Arsenault on 01-May-2017 13:30

What are you using for a download link?

Posted by Alexander Schmidt on 01-May-2017 13:33

To download, tried to use install available at: progress-eval.subscribenet.com/.../download

Posted by Chris S. Hogan on 02-May-2017 10:01

I have seen this happen before where the install file is not downloaded completely and there is partial file corruption.

I would suggest you download the installer again and check the properties of your file to see if they match this in terms of size:

Posted by Alexander Schmidt on 02-May-2017 10:12

Colleagues, can you please try to download the file yourself? You would see that the file published in your download system is corrupted. If you tried yourself, you'll see that file on your system is 298 Mb. There is nothing I can do to correct this problem. Can you please fix it and reply? Thanks in advance.

Posted by Alexander Schmidt on 02-May-2017 10:19

Here's the corrupt download published on trial download site:

Posted by Chris S. Hogan on 02-May-2017 10:21

I have just downloaded the installer from ESD and can confirm the file is complete and not corrupted. Please try to download again, possibly from a different computer or network.

Posted by James Arsenault on 02-May-2017 11:13

Something is amiss here. When I look at ESD I see the Studio installer as 341.7 MB where your link shows 298.3 MB. There must be something wrong with the eval download. We'll have a look and update you shortly.

Posted by Alexander Schmidt on 02-May-2017 11:16

James, Chris, thanks a lot for looking into this!

Posted by Harold-Jan Verlee on 02-May-2017 11:18

Chris,

I went through the “Get Eval Version” procedure and I can confirm the Corticon 5.6.1 Studio file on ESD trial is JUST 298MB. This must be looked at urgently!

Best regards,
Harold

Posted by Alexander Schmidt on 02-May-2017 15:12

File was updated and now it's 86.2 Mb, and it's still corrupted.

Posted by James Arsenault on 02-May-2017 15:44

We must have an amazing new compression algorithm, the more we touch it the smaller it gets J

We’re investigating why it’s getting truncated on upload.

Posted by James Arsenault on 02-May-2017 16:08

Alex,

Send me an email directly and I'll provide you alternative access until this is resolved.

Jim

This thread is closed