Generate rules in Corticon Studio

Posted by archana.gupta on 12-Apr-2017 07:04

Hello Team,

Please suggest if there is any way to automatically generate rules in the Corticon rulesheet from an external file.

I have an external file which contains thousands of lines of "If-Then-Else" statements. We can generate the rules statements in a java class file and plug it in to Corticon studio but I would like to know if I can generate rules in rulesheet in Corticon studio itself.

Thanks,

Archana

Posted by Gertjan Hendriks on 12-Apr-2017 07:19

Hi Archana,

Perhaps this topic can give you any clues on how to achieve this?

community.progress.com/.../26758

A part of this (.NET) code is about generating RuleSheets. But that's where my knowledge on this ends... Hope this might give you a starting point!

-Gertjan

All Replies

Posted by Gertjan Hendriks on 12-Apr-2017 07:19

Hi Archana,

Perhaps this topic can give you any clues on how to achieve this?

community.progress.com/.../26758

A part of this (.NET) code is about generating RuleSheets. But that's where my knowledge on this ends... Hope this might give you a starting point!

-Gertjan

Posted by Chris S. Hogan on 14-Apr-2017 13:42

Corticon Foundation is the API that provides the ability to programmatically create, view and edit any Corticon resource. This would include Vocabularies, Rulesheets, etc. Using this interface you could write an app to read your existing files to extract the if/then logic and create the corresponding rules in Corticon

Take a look at the attached doc.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/14/8787.Corticon-Foundation-User-Guide.pdf:156:62]

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 14-Apr-2017 13:59

Chris - it looks like Foundation is java-based - is there a REST service that I can setup  an ABL program to call and get similar functionality?

Posted by James Arsenault on 15-Apr-2017 09:08

Tim,

You are correct, the Foundation is a Java API. With it you can do things like programmatically generate a rulesheet. The REST APIs are limited to the deployment and management of decision services.

Jim

Posted by Alexander Schmidt on 02-May-2017 08:37

James, is there any more detailed documentation for Rules generation Java API anywhere?

Posted by Chris S. Hogan on 01-Jun-2017 09:43

When you download the Foundation Archive from Progress ESD, you will get all the API JavaDocs as well as several code samples.

This thread is closed