Can i get the correct range and set format for using 'i

Posted by Kanchana Gopalakrishnan on 05-Dec-2016 00:25

Here is the operators syntax <String> in <Range or Set>.

Posted by Jan Krishnamurthy on 07-Dec-2016 13:34

The technical reason is that hibernate cannot process the resulting query  .

Please file an idea requesting this enhancement if you'd like this syntax to work and be supported for DB filters

Posted by mparish on 05-Dec-2016 10:16

Here’s some more detail.
This can also be found in the help files when you install Corticon.

All Replies

Posted by mparish on 05-Dec-2016 04:08

Here's an example using 'in'
Person.gender in {'male','female'}
This syntax may not be available in older versions of Studio.

Posted by mparish on 05-Dec-2016 10:16

Here’s some more detail.
This can also be found in the help files when you install Corticon.

Posted by Gertjan Hendriks on 07-Dec-2016 03:48

Hi Mike,

Is there a possibility to use a 'not'  or '<>' in combination with the 'in' operator?

Thanks,

-Gertjan

Posted by mparish on 07-Dec-2016 09:24

Indeed you can.
Just put the expression inside ( )
For example:
not (Applicant.age in {0..100})
not (Applicant.gender in {'male','female'})

Mike

Posted by Gertjan Hendriks on 07-Dec-2016 12:02

Thanks Mike!

This only seems to work though as a regular Filter or Precondition, but *not* as a Database Filter (with EDC). A Database Filter will cause the error-message "Filter Expression cannot be processed by the database".

Is there any other way to use the "not in" within EDC?

Thanks! :)

-Gertjan

Posted by mparish on 07-Dec-2016 13:34

Correct
For some reason the syntax is not supported as a database filter but I’m not sure what the technical reason is.

The alternative is to use this syntax
 which could get rather lengthy if you have a lot of values to test.

Mike

This only seems to work though as a regular Filter or Precondition, but *not* as a Database Filter (with EDC). A Database Filter will cause the error-message "Filter Expression cannot be processed by the database".

Is there any other way to use the "not in" within EDC?

Thanks! :)

-Gertjan

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by Jan Krishnamurthy on 07-Dec-2016 13:34

The technical reason is that hibernate cannot process the resulting query  .

Please file an idea requesting this enhancement if you'd like this syntax to work and be supported for DB filters

Posted by Gertjan Hendriks on 07-Dec-2016 13:43

Hi Mike,

Thanks again for the quick reply and great example. The alternative is exactly what I am using now. I could not find any other option to get this working.

-Gertjan

Posted by Gertjan Hendriks on 07-Dec-2016 13:44

Hi Jan,

I will file that idea, as I do get some lengthy filters for my exclusions.

Thank you,

-Gertjan

Posted by mparish on 07-Dec-2016 13:46

Go here
to submit ideas (and view other ideas that have already been submitted)

This thread is closed