Mismatch between EDS compilation type and Decision Service d

Posted by Gebrekiros Abraha on 15-Apr-2016 15:56

I am using below code to compile my rule flow to .eds file using Ant Macros script.

<!-- Copmpile the ruleflow to a .eds file -->

<target name="compile" >

<corticon-compile

input="${project.home}/Rules/Ruleflows/Finalize.erf"

output="${project.home}"

service="FinalizeDecisionService"

edc="R"   />

</target>

Then this above script generates FinalizeDecisionService.eds file and when I try to deploy it, I am getting "Mismatch between EDS compilation type and Decision Service deployment type. EDS not compiled with EDC optimization, but the deployment is for an EDC enabled Decision Service." How should I compile with EDC optimization?

All Replies

Posted by James Arsenault on 16-Apr-2016 12:52

I believe you need to pass a value of “true”, not “R” in your ant script for the compilation.  Looking at corticonAntMacros.xml I see

<if> <istrue value="@{edc}" /> <then> <corticon.util.append_value var="compileArgs" value="--edc" /> </then> </if>

It’s checking it for true/false, not the access mode which I assume you were attempting by passing “R”.

Jim

Posted by Kendall Sparks on 17-Apr-2016 10:18

This looks like a bug in the ant macro.  The edc option in the compile utility does require the option to be either  R or RW, however the ant script is expecting a true/false.
The line noted by Jim should look like this:
<corticon.util.append_value_if_set var="compileArgs" condition="@{edc}" value="--edc @{edc}" />

Posted by Gebrekiros Abraha on 18-Apr-2016 11:34

Hi James,

If I use true value for the edc parameter it says "Missing argument for option e" . Below is message for compilation with edc true value. It is not working for both values (True/false and R/RW). I think there is bug in the ant Macro as Kendall Sparks explained it.

compile:

[java] Missing argument for option: e

[java] usage: compile

[java]  -e,--edc <R/RW>        enable EDC (read only or read write access mode)

[java]                         in the decision service

[java]  -h,--help              print this message

[java]  -i,--input <file>      ruleflow (.erf file) to compile

[java]  -o,--output <folder>   folder to place the decision service (.eds file)

[java]                         file in

[java]  -s,--service <name>    the name of the decision service

[java]  -v,--version           append the ruleflow version to the .eds name

all:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Thanks

Gebrekiros

Posted by James Arsenault on 18-Apr-2016 21:36

Thanks Gebrekiros, we’ll fix this in an upcoming hotfix.  Are you past the problem for now?

Jim

Posted by Gebrekiros Abraha on 19-Apr-2016 09:21

Hi Jim

My intent is to automate testing rule sheets, building rule flows to .eds file and deployment of .eds file to Corticon server process with Ant script. But, I stuck with the Ant Macro edc value bug.

Thank you

Gebrekiros

Posted by Gebrekiros Abraha on 29-Apr-2016 13:37

Hi Jim

When can I expect the next hot fix release? Also, can I have ticket/bug fix number for tracking fix of this bug please? To fully automate the build process, I appreciate if Progress Corticon can also add Ant Macros for automation of deployment decision services( .eds files) to Corticon server.

Thank you !

Gebrekiros Abraha

This thread is closed