EDC behavior is different between SQLServer 2012 and OE 10.2

Posted by A_Haddad on 23-Nov-2015 03:50

Hello,

I followed the EDC tutorial using a SQL Server database (version 2012 express).

I wrote a ruletest with no input entities (I've not given any record's identifiers). When executing the rule test, EDC filled entities' collection from DB and executed the business rules used inside the tested rulesheet. 

When I did the same thing, but from an Open Edge database (version 10.2b), the behavior was different: no entities were filled from database and no rules fired...

Is this the expected behavior? Why this difference?

If so, is there any work-around? In fact, it will be very interesting in our case that it works in the same way : we will not be forced to send all the needed data in the CorticonRequest, especially this data can have a very big size.

Thanks for any help.

PS: please note that EDC for OpenEdge retrieves the data from database when we assign identifiers of the used records...

Posted by A_Haddad on 24-Nov-2015 03:40

Resolved: Option "Extend to database" was absent in the OE version.

All Replies

Posted by James Arsenault on 23-Nov-2015 15:03

What your doing should work. The behavior for OE and SQL Server should be the same (we run the same test set against each). Have you confirmed the vocabulary mapping are correct for you OE database?

Posted by A_Haddad on 24-Nov-2015 03:11

Thank you James for your reply.

Validating vocabulary detects no issues (Please note that I generated the DB schema from vocabulary...).

Posted by A_Haddad on 24-Nov-2015 03:40

Resolved: Option "Extend to database" was absent in the OE version.

Posted by James Arsenault on 24-Nov-2015 07:45

Glad to here it’s resolved.

Jim

This thread is closed