Corticon studio 5.5.1 EDC problems with OE 10.2B

Posted by A_Haddad on 18-Nov-2015 08:48

Hello,

I am trying to make my rule-flow working with a customer's Progress OpenEdge DB (using EDC).
Corticon studio version is 5.5.1
OpenEdge DB version : 10.2B06

• Question 1: What is the best Identity strategy (Native, Table, Sequence...?) adapted to the case of a database primary key composed by multiple fields?
  • Question 2: I have a business entity called "Party" that I am trying to map with a table having a different name (REU). I don't understand the origins of following incoherences:

I defined as "Entity Identity" an integer attribute I called Party.Id.

I mapped Party.Id to the DB field REU.NUM-REU which is an integer field and makes part of the primary key of REU.

• Error 1 : Corticon studio is saying : Warning : Entity Party identity attribute Id is mapped to column PUB.REU.NUM-REU but that column is not part of the primary key. (But this is not true!)
  • Error 2 : When validating the vocabulary mapping or running a rule-test using Party entity, I have the following exception : org.hibernate.HibernateException: Wrong column type in TUPPER.PUB.REU for column NUM-REU. Found: integer, expected: numeric. I don't see why a "numeric" data-type is expected as integer is the right data-type for both vocabulary attribute and the concerned DB field?
  • Error 3 : I updated the data-type of my vocabulary attribute to "decimal" to see if it changes anything. I have a new warning saying: Attribute data type Decimal cannot be mapped to database type integer.  Supported database types: {numeric; DECIMAL; REAL; DOUBLE}

So Integer seems to be the right data-type. Why was it rejected previously?

Did someone else encountred same problems?

Posted by A_Haddad on 20-Nov-2015 08:20

I finally defined SQL views with ids.

All Replies

Posted by A_Haddad on 18-Nov-2015 11:36

So,

I created artificially ID columns in my OE tables and vocabulary is valid now. Even if adding such columns will not be accepted by the customer.

But when I execute ruletests, giving an ID value to test entities I have error :

Column "EDEALERCDO0_.CODE" cannot be found or is not specified for query.

This coming perhaps from a special fild having "-" in its name (CODE-CO)?

When I don't filter on a special ID value, nothing is extracted from DB.

So the question is : where are documented the special features of OE databases? Like for field names containing a hyphen symbol? Or like for Extent (array) fields?

Posted by A_Haddad on 20-Nov-2015 08:20

I finally defined SQL views with ids.

This thread is closed