How to easily import data from excel into Corticon Studio

Posted by Anton Verver on 16-Nov-2015 02:50

Hi everybody,

I'm one of those newbies with Corticon, very impressed by the works of it, and I have a question: How can I easily get data from excel into Corticon Studio?

Thx for you help.

Greetzz,

Anton.

Posted by Anton Verver on 16-Nov-2015 09:20

Thx Harold. I just installed SQL Server Express 2014 .... And then I discover that I don't have the connection option to 2014 ... only 2012 and older :-) Do you know if there is already a connector for 2014?

Greetzz,

Anton.

All Replies

Posted by Harold-Jan Verlee on 16-Nov-2015 05:46

Hey Anton,

Welcome to our Corticon community! Great to see your questions posted here so everyone can leverage the answers provided by the Community members.

Currently Corticon doesn't have the capability to directly import data into Corticon Tester. I presume you'd like to use Excel data in your test sheets.  We are certainly starting to think about this Excel capability as part of our 2016 internal road map discussions. The workaround is to upload your Excel data into a database (e.g. SQLSERVER Express, which is a free database). Then use the build in Studio Enterprise Data Connector to map your vocabulary to the tables and fields in your database. EDC allows you to READ data and optionally PERSIST results back into your database. Have a look at the EDC documentation which you can find HERE.

Good luck with your trials! 

Regards Harold

Posted by Anton Verver on 16-Nov-2015 09:20

Thx Harold. I just installed SQL Server Express 2014 .... And then I discover that I don't have the connection option to 2014 ... only 2012 and older :-) Do you know if there is already a connector for 2014?

Greetzz,

Anton.

Posted by Gertjan Hendriks on 16-Nov-2015 09:38

Hi Anton,

Make sure to use version 5.5.1 of Corticon, as it is compatible with SQL Server 2014 (via EDC). Corticon 5.5 and previous versions indeed only support up to SQL Server 2012.

-Gertjan

Posted by Anton Verver on 16-Nov-2015 09:46

Hi Gertjan,

Ha ... ok ... ik heb de trial versie gedownload ... kan ik die ergens upgraden naar 5.5.1?

Greetzz,
Anton.

Op 16-11-2015 om 16:39 schreef Gertjan H:
Update from Progress Community
Gertjan H

Hi Anton,

Make sure to use version 5.5.1 of Corticon, as it is compatible with SQL Server 2014 (via EDC). Corticon 5.5 and previous versions indeed only support up to SQL Server 2012.

-Gertjan

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by Gertjan Hendriks on 16-Nov-2015 09:57

Hi Anton,

I'll keep this thread in English if you don't mind :-)

Your upgrade should be available via Electronic Software Download (http://www.progress.com/esd/).

In case you do not have access to ESD and only have the trial version 5.5 (not 5.5.1), I think the quickest route is to contact Progress Software via Support.

- Gertjan

Posted by Anton Verver on 16-Nov-2015 10:04

Oops ... no problem at all! I will keep it to english!

And I'm afraid I don't have access to ESD ... I will get in touch with my contact within Progress Netherlands.

Thx for the support so far!

Greetzz,
Anton.

Op 16-11-2015 om 16:58 schreef Gertjan H:
Update from Progress Community
Gertjan H

Hi Anton,

I'll keep this thread in English if you don't mind :-)

Your upgrade should be available via Electronic Software Download (http://www.progress.com/esd/).

In case you do not have access to ESD and only have the trial version 5.5 (not 5.5.1), I think the quickest route is to contact Progress Software via Support.

- Gertjan

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

This thread is closed