Clear and Import Metadata for .ecore files

Posted by sjigesh on 15-Sep-2015 14:33

Hi

Need some assistance in associating metadata to ecore files.

I need to perform a daily activity which includes clearing and importing the metadata from and to ecore file respectively. Below are the steps

1)      Open the .ecore file from the required location

2)      Goto vocabulary and clear the metadata from the .ecore file

3)      Import the metadata from the jar file  to required .ecore.

I need to do this activity 15 times a day which is very tedious process . Is there a better way to do it .

Some code/Program that I can write to make this process easier

All Replies

Posted by Jan Krishnamurthy on 15-Sep-2015 14:39

Jigesh,

Currently there is NO script or code that ships with the product  to automate this.

This is a manual process.

- Jan

Posted by James Arsenault on 15-Sep-2015 17:22

What is it your doing that requires this process?

[collapse]
From: Jan Krishnamurthy [mailto:bounce-jkrishna@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:40 PM
To: TU.Corticon@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Corticon] Clear and Import Metadata for .ecore files

Reply by Jan Krishnamurthy

Jigesh,

Currently there is NO script or code that ships with the product  to automate this.

This is a manual process.

- Jan

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by sjigesh on 16-Sep-2015 10:23

There are 14 programs for whom we need to create eds files for every build.Below are the steps that we do for each program

1) Ecore file is converted to .xsd     Here we have called the vocab method to convert it to and .xsd file

2) Xsd file is converted to .cs and namespace is added to the .cs file  This has been handled programmatically

3) .cs file is placed in the appropriate location and we build the solution which generates the dll  Again this process is handled programmatically.

4) Replace the .dll with existing .dll  -- we whave written the code to handle it

5) Convert the .dll to .jar – Again we have written the code to handle this

6) Go to Corticon Studio  --- open the vocab(.ecore file) and clear the meta data and import the metadata with jar that is created in the above step – this is done manually

7) Now convert the .erf file to eds – currently we are doing this manually using console

We have automated the process till step 5 . We are stuggling to automate step 6 and 7

I have tried step 7 by using precompile method. Howeve that method is throwing Business object failed to compile error even though I have associated the Business Object .jar

Please assist on how we can simplify the process as this process is taking almost 3-4 hours for every build

Posted by Jan Krishnamurthy on 16-Sep-2015 13:11

For automating Step 6) i.e. mapping the vocabulary to the BO jars,  I'd request you to file an enhancement/ Idea in the community.

Today ,  this is a manual process that can be accomplished in Corticon Studio 

See : documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

See KB article below on how to file an Idea:

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P11255

- Jan

This thread is closed