Error while trying to execute against Remote Decision Servic

Posted by Ollie on 27-Apr-2015 09:17

Our servers run on Linux and when I deploy from Studio the services all run well on all servers. I want to use the cdd method though and have a directory (on Linux) for that. It's shared for direct access from Windows. I use the deployment console on Windows, where I create the cdd and precompile the EDS. A number of small test services have been deployed and run fine, but the more elaborate ones that I've been trying to deploy are consistently giving the following error when testing from Studio with a rule test.

"Error while trying to execute against Remote Decision Service. Please review log for detailed description of the error."

The server log shows the following message:

"CcServer.execute(Document, String, String) (DecisionServiceName=documentDecision[-1, -1, null], HostLocation=cort.dev.local) -- Execution failed due to problems in the Reactor"

The same test works fine on a local Windows instance of the server with the same deployment method. It also works fine when the service is deployed to Linux through studio.

Does anyone have suggestions where to look for a solution?

All Replies

Posted by James Arsenault on 27-Apr-2015 10:32

Ollie,

Have you installed a production Corticon on the server or are you running with the eval license? It’s a guess, but this may have something to do with why the less complex decision services deploy successfully but the more complex do not.

The strange part is that you say it always works when you deploy from Studio. When you deploy from Studio, it pushes the ERF and other files to the Server which then does the compilation to an EDS and deploys it. Once deployed it shouldn’t matter how the EDS file got there.

As an experiment you could try doing ERF deployment via the CDD file. This would cause the server to compile to an EDS much as if it had been deployed form Studio. It’s not a fix, we recommend EDS deployment in production, but it may shed some light on the problem.

If you can provide the server log file, that would help.

Jim

[collapse]
From: Ollie [mailto:bounce-olafjanssensmhplancom@community.progress.com]
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2015 10:18 AM
To: TU.Corticon@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Corticon] Error while trying to execute against Remote Decision Service

Thread created by Ollie

Our servers run on Linux and when I deploy from Studio the services all run well on all servers. I want to use the cdd method though and have a directory (on Linux) for that. It's shared for direct access from Windows. I use the deployment console on Windows, where I create the cdd and precompile the EDS. A number of small test services have been deployed and run fine, but the more elaborate ones that I've been trying to deploy are consistently giving the following error when testing from Studio with a rule test.

"Error while trying to execute against Remote Decision Service. Please review log for detailed description of the error."

The server log shows the following message:

"CcServer.execute(Document, String, String) (DecisionServiceName=documentDecision[-1, -1, null], HostLocation=cort.dev.local) -- Execution failed due to problems in the Reactor"

The same test works fine on a local Windows instance of the server with the same deployment method. It also works fine when the service is deployed to Linux through studio.

Does anyone have suggestions where to look for a solution?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Ollie on 27-Apr-2015 11:31

We have a production license installed.

Your post inspired me to try this approach. It's not mu preferred method and I expected it to be a lot of work, which it isn't.

The message is gone and the service executes fine from Studio tests. The WSDL gets automatically added too now. I had forgotten to mention before that WSDLs weren't added.

Could this have something to do with compiling on and deploying from one machine to another?

I can try get a log file to you directly, but I need to take some confidential lines out of it first.

Thank you

Posted by James Arsenault on 27-Apr-2015 11:40

Are you sure you’re building the EDS with the same version of Corticon as the server?

[collapse]
From: Ollie [mailto:bounce-olafjanssensmhplancom@community.progress.com]
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2015 12:32 PM
To: TU.Corticon@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Corticon] Error while trying to execute against Remote Decision Service

Reply by Ollie

We have a production license installed.

Your post inspired me to try this approach. It's not mu preferred method and I expected it to be a lot of work, which it isn't.

The message is gone and the service executes fine from Studio tests. The WSDL gets automatically added too now. I had forgotten to mention before that WSDLs weren't added.

Could this have something to do with compiling on and deploying from one machine to another?

I can try get a log file to you directly, but I need to take some confidential lines out of it first.

Thank you

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Ollie on 27-Apr-2015 11:54

That's an excellent observation. As a matter of fact, the localhost version that does work is 5.4.0, while Studio runs 5.4.1 b6506, which is the same as the version on the development server, where things don't work. I'm pretty sure that this sounds opposite of what would make sense. :-S

Posted by Ollie on 21-Jul-2015 14:53

As it turns out, the deployment console was using Java 7 while the Linux box is running on Java 6. After downgrading the deployment console's JDK and a few tweaks with extended operators, this worked again. Still not getting an auto-generated WSDL though.

Posted by Jan Krishnamurthy on 21-Jul-2015 16:22

By auto-genrated WSDL, do you mean the WSDL within the .eds file or the link to the WSDL that appears with the deployed decision service on the Server Console ?

Posted by Ollie on 22-Jul-2015 09:56

The latter: the WSDL link on the console.

This thread is closed