Incompatible SQL Server 2012 Driver - How to update?

Posted by cohezive on 20-Apr-2015 11:55

I am attempting to access a SQL Server 2012 database and I am getting an error message:  Specified URL is incompatible with database driver.   I have no issues accessing the same URL from other clients using the current MSSQL Driver (sqljdbc41.jar).

I tried adding the new driver to an updated CcJdbc.jar file (per http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000028414) but the new driver did not appear in Studio.  I also tried adding the update driver to the lib directory where the other jdbc drivers are installed - again no difference. (C:\Program Files\Progress\Corticon 5.4\Studio\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\450\1\.cp\lib)

So, what's the trick to getting Studio to connect to a MSSQL 2012 database?

Posted by cohezive on 20-Apr-2015 13:17

Got the database to connect.  I was copying in the jdbc URL and overwriting the sample one provided from the DB type drop down (jdbc:progress:sqlserver://  instead of jdbc:sqlserver://)

All Replies

Posted by mcicel on 20-Apr-2015 12:10

To connect Corticon versions 5.x to the SQL Server 2012 you need to select "Microsoft SQL Server 2012" from the "Database Server" pull-down menu in the "Database Access" tab of the vocabulary editor. Then you need to modify the <server> and <database_name> portions of the Database URL, username and password.

The article from the knowledge base is only valid for the 4.x versions of Corticon.

The 5.x versions of Corticon do not support user specified drivers. The only supported drivers are the DataDirect drivers shipped with the product.

Posted by cohezive on 20-Apr-2015 13:17

Got the database to connect.  I was copying in the jdbc URL and overwriting the sample one provided from the DB type drop down (jdbc:progress:sqlserver://  instead of jdbc:sqlserver://)

This thread is closed