Corticon - Service Call-Out debugging in Eclipse

Posted by nuri.besen on 08-Apr-2015 22:58

I am trying to build a service call-out but need to debug my code. How can I put the service call-out in debug mode?

Same thing could/would be applicable for the Extended Operators we are building.

All Replies

Posted by jan@nimblecg.com on 08-Apr-2015 23:01

Not aware of any specific way to do this in SCO or EO but you can call the log methods that Corticon uses:

com.corticon.log.Log.logViolation(methodName + "::" + message, "");

Jan van Nimwegen
Partner

Nimble Consulting Group, LLP
(w) +1.703.327.4484
(m) +1.571.244.4588

[collapse]
From: nuri.besen [mailto:bounce-nuribesen@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:59 PM
To: TU.Corticon@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Corticon] Corticon - Service Call-Out debugging in Eclipse

Thread created by nuri.besen

I am trying to build a service call-out but need to debug my code. How can I put the service call-out in debug mode?

Same thing could/would be applicable for the Extended Operators we are building.

Posted by nuri.besen on 08-Apr-2015 23:06

This might be related to my other question about log4j.

For debugging, I am trying to investigate what the third party system returns and how I parse it and step-thru it to understand why the response is correct/incorrect.

Posted by nuri.besen on 16-Apr-2015 22:25

This issue is actually a Eclipse Plugin debug issue. So investigating further, you can put the plugin into debug mode as described in the Eclipse PDE.

From the plugin development view, when you open the manifest file, in the overview tab there is a section called "Testing" where you have the link for "Launch an Eclipse in Debug mode". This will launch a new eclipse, automatically create a new workspace "runtime-EclipseApplication". For this workspace, import your Corticon project, no need to copy it. If you have the break point enabled in your java code, you run your test case in your new workspace project and you see that it will stop at the breakpoint in your original workspace where you can step thru.

This shortcut link to launch a new eclipse application opens a new eclipse with the java remote debug flags set in a new workspace.

Regards,

Posted by James Arsenault on 17-Apr-2015 10:07

Nuri,

Thanks for the details.

Jim

[collapse]
This issue is actually a Eclipse Plugin debug issue. So investigating further, you can put the plugin into debug mode as described in the Eclipse PDE.

From the plugin development view, when you open the manifest file, in the overview tab there is a section called "Testing" where you have the link for "Launch an Eclipse in Debug mode". This will launch a new eclipse, automatically create a new workspace "runtime-EclipseApplication". For this workspace, import your Corticon project, no need to copy it. If you have the break point enabled in your java code, you run your test case in your new workspace project and you see that it will stop at the breakpoint in your original workspace where you can step thru.