compilation errors - troubleshooting

Posted by sribha on 05-Mar-2015 12:41

Hi,

I upgraded from 4.x to 5.x and saved all rules. Studio is not showing any errors but while pre-compiling the rules the rule-flow fails. I checked the log but the log is no help. How can I find the issues?

In 4.x vocabulary if an Entity has associations and the associated entity has associations the actual entity will show the associations with + and we can see all the internal entities associated to it but in 5.x it only showing the first level association is that an issue?

After migration if I remove an association and add them back the rules are showing errors, what should I do to fix them?

So all in all I am having issues with migration , I checked the documents provided by progress for migration and deployment but I haven't found any useful information about this, can anyone suggest me the helpful links to solve these kind of issues.

Thanks

All Replies

Posted by mparish on 05-Mar-2015 12:45

Can you send me your 5.4 rule model.
I can take a look and see if its something simple.
Mike

iPhone

[...]

Posted by Jan Krishnamurthy on 05-Mar-2015 12:46

Are you compiling the ruleflow to .eds using the Deployment Console. The logs should be in the CORTICON_WORK_DIR\logs folder.

If Deployment Console is used, the logs will be of the format DEPyyyymmdd.log

- Jan

Posted by mparish on 05-Mar-2015 12:48

If you don’t want to send your rules to the entire community send them here mparish@progress.com

[collapse]