compilation errors - troubleshooting

Posted by sribha on 05-Mar-2015 12:41

Hi,

I upgraded from 4.x to 5.x and saved all rules. Studio is not showing any errors but while pre-compiling the rules the rule-flow fails. I checked the log but the log is no help. How can I find the issues?

In 4.x vocabulary if an Entity has associations and the associated entity has associations the actual entity will show the associations with + and we can see all the internal entities associated to it but in 5.x it only showing the first level association is that an issue?

After migration if I remove an association and add them back the rules are showing errors, what should I do to fix them?

So all in all I am having issues with migration , I checked the documents provided by progress for migration and deployment but I haven't found any useful information about this, can anyone suggest me the helpful links to solve these kind of issues.

Thanks

All Replies

Posted by mparish on 05-Mar-2015 12:45

Can you send me your 5.4 rule model.
I can take a look and see if its something simple.
Mike

iPhone

On Mar 5, 2015, at 10:42 AM, "sribha" <bounce-sribha@community.progress.com> wrote:

Thread created by sribha

Hi,

I upgraded from 4.x to 5.x and saved all rules. Studio is not showing any errors but while pre-compiling the rules the rule-flow fails. I checked the log but the log is no help. How can I find the issues?

In 4.x vocabulary if an Entity has associations and the associated entity has associations the actual entity will show the associations with + and we can see all the internal entities associated to it but in 5.x it only showing the first level association is that an issue?

After migration if I remove an association and add them back the rules are showing errors, what should I do to fix them?

So all in all I am having issues with migration , I checked the documents provided by progress for migration and deployment but I haven't found any useful information about this, can anyone suggest me the helpful links to solve these kind of issues.

Thanks

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by Jan Krishnamurthy on 05-Mar-2015 12:46

Are you compiling the ruleflow to .eds using the Deployment Console. The logs should be in the CORTICON_WORK_DIR\logs folder.

If Deployment Console is used, the logs will be of the format DEPyyyymmdd.log

- Jan

Posted by mparish on 05-Mar-2015 12:48

If you don’t want to send your rules to the entire community send them here mparish@progress.com

[collapse]
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2015 10:45 AM
To: <TU.Corticon@community.progress.com>
Subject: Re: [Technical Users - Corticon] compilation errors - troubleshooting

Can you send me your 5.4 rule model.
I can take a look and see if its something simple.
Mike

iPhone

On Mar 5, 2015, at 10:42 AM, "sribha" <bounce-sribha@community.progress.com> wrote:
Thread created by sribha

Hi,

Thanks

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

This thread is closed