How to set CORTICON_WORK_DIR on OpenEdge 11.5 PAS when deplo

Posted by Harold-Jan Verlee on 13-Jan-2015 10:00

I have successfully deployed a Corticon Server war file on a new Corticon instance within the OpenEdge PAS - Pacific Application Server (which also runs OpenEdge). Corticon has been registered as a Windows Service. I'm trying to make Corticon Server point to the correct CORTICON_WORK_DIR. By default, it refers to "C:/Progress/OE11.5/servers/pasoe/bin/" which obviously isn't the right directory. It should be something like “C:/Users/<user name>/Progress/OE_11.5/CorticonWork_5.4”. I can then create the proper cdd, logs and SER directory for my instance to run against. Also the brms.properties file should be run from this directory.

How do I get the proper CORTICON_WORK_DIR initialized during startup on the PAS?

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 13-Jan-2015 10:12

You can add it to the openedge_setenv.bat|sh file in  $CATALINA_BASE/bin (the instance's /bin).

Doc at

-- peter

[collapse]
From: Harold-Jan Verlee [mailto:bounce-hverlee@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 13 January, 2015 11:00
To: TU.Corticon@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Corticon] How to set CORTICON_WORK_DIR on OpenEdge 11.5 PAS when deploying Corticon Server war file?

Thread created by Harold-Jan Verlee

I have successfully deployed a Corticon Server war file on a new Corticon instance within the OpenEdge PAS - Pacific Application Server (which also runs OpenEdge). Corticon has been registered as a Windows Service. I'm trying to make Corticon Server point to the correct CORTICON_WORK_DIR. By default, it refers to "C:/Progress/OE11.5/servers/pasoe/bin/" which obviously isn't the right directory. It should be something like “C:/Users/<user name>/Progress/OE_11.5/CorticonWork_5.4”. I can then create the proper cdd, logs and SER directory for my instance to run against. Also the brms.properties file should be run from this directory.

How do I get the proper CORTICON_WORK_DIR initialized during startup on the PAS?

Posted by Peter Judge on 13-Jan-2015 10:19

You can also set it in the OE install-selected workdir (something like C:\OpenEdge\WRK\)  in a file called proset.bat. This is global to all instances, which is problematic for that reason, and also because it's outside of the instance (ie you have to remember to move/redo this setting when you move the instance or update OE).

The recommended approach is to update openedge_setenv.[bat|sh] in the instance's /bin directory (or add a new file called <anything>_setenv.[bat|sh] which will be used, despite the doc).

Hth,
-- peter

[collapse]

I have successfully deployed a Corticon Server war file on a new Corticon instance within the OpenEdge PAS - Pacific Application Server (which also runs OpenEdge). Corticon has been registered as a Windows Service. I'm trying to make Corticon Server point to the correct CORTICON_WORK_DIR. By default, it refers to "C:/Progress/OE11.5/servers/pasoe/bin/" which obviously isn't the right directory. It should be something like “C:/Users/<user name>/Progress/OE_11.5/CorticonWork_5.4”. I can then create the proper cdd, logs and SER directory for my instance to run against. Also the brms.properties file should be run from this directory.

How do I get the proper CORTICON_WORK_DIR initialized during startup on the PAS?

[/collapse][/collapse]

This thread is closed