Enquiry of DB2 for z/OS supported by Corticon EDC

Posted by cammyc on 28-Aug-2014 02:23

Hi,

A customer is asking if Corticon 5.3 EDC supports DB2 for z/OS.

From the Supported Platforms Matrix, Corticon EDC V5.3.4 supports DB2 V10.5.

https://community.progress.com/technicalusers/w/brms/1063.progress-corticon-5-3-supported-platforms-matrix.aspx

Is DB2 V10.5 referring to DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows only? Is DB2 for z/OS be supported?

Many Thanks for the help in advance!

Posted by James Arsenault on 28-Aug-2014 13:22

Cammy,

We don’t specifically certify it but it should be ok. The bundled data direct drivers support connecting to DB2 on z/OS. If there are problems we would attempt to address them.

Note, the customer should be using 5.4 not 5.3. If they want 5.3 they should use 5.3.4.6 to be at the latest revision of 5.3.

Jim

[collapse]

A customer is asking if Corticon 5.3 EDC supports DB2 for z/OS.

From the Supported Platforms Matrix, Corticon EDC V5.3.4 supports DB2 V10.5.

https://community.progress.com/technicalusers/w/brms/1063.progress-corticon-5-3-supported-platforms-matrix.aspx

Is DB2 V10.5 referring to DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows only? Is DB2 for z/OS be supported?

Many Thanks for the help in advance!

Posted by cammyc on 29-Aug-2014 08:07

Hi James,

Thank you very much for your update and information.

Regards,
Cammy

[collapse]

A customer is asking if Corticon 5.3 EDC supports DB2 for z/OS.

From the Supported Platforms Matrix, Corticon EDC V5.3.4 supports DB2 V10.5.

https://community.progress.com/technicalusers/w/brms/1063.progress-corticon-5-3-supported-platforms-matrix.aspx

Is DB2 V10.5 referring to DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows only? Is DB2 for z/OS be supported?

Many Thanks for the help in advance!

[/collapse][/collapse]

This thread is closed