Corticon Rule Tracing

Posted by Gbreton on 23-Jun-2014 10:03

I have upgraded to the latest version 5.3.4 of Corticon, and would like to use the new Rule Tracing function. I have added the appropriate property (com.corticon.reactor.rulestatement.metadata=true) to the brms.properties file.  The file was saved in the proper location (C:\Corticon\Studio for Analysts\configuration\com.corticon.brms).  After restarting Corticon, I do not see the rule tracing.  Am I missing something?

All Replies

Posted by Jan Krishnamurthy on 23-Jun-2014 10:13

Hello,

Can you confirm that the rule sheet has rule statements in them.

It is also possible that the brms.properties file is not being picked up correctly / not recognized and the property is not taking effect.

For more information, see section Tracing rule execution in the Rule Modeling Guide.

Thank you,

Jan

Posted by Gbreton on 23-Jun-2014 10:26

Hi Jan,

The rule statements are in the rule sheet.  I see messages when running the rule test.  I just don't see the trace.  I have followed the guidance in the Rule Modeling Guide as well as watched this youtube video showing the modification to the brms.properties file (www.youtube.com/watch) .  

A coworker attempted to try the same on his computer without any luck as well.  How do I ensure the brms.properties file is being recognized?

Thanks,

Gary

Posted by Jan Krishnamurthy on 23-Jun-2014 10:31

Gary,

We recommend you open a support case with us to determine why the brms.properties is not being recognized.

It is possible that the environment is corrupted or Studio is looking for the brms.properties file elsewhere.

Thanks,

Jan

Posted by Gbreton on 23-Jun-2014 10:39

Thanks Jan,

One last question ... Where do you find the serial number in Corticon?  It is not listed in the serial number cheat sheet document.

Gary

Posted by Jan Krishnamurthy on 23-Jun-2014 10:48

The serial number should be available with your purchase order.

You can call Corticon support @ 781 280-4999 . Choose menu option 3-3 for Corticon Support and we can assist with finding your serial number.

Customer Order management team can also help pull up your serial number .

[ Tel: 781-280-4833, Email: com-americas@progress.com ]

More information on support and services can be found here:

www.progress.com/support-and-services

- Jan

Posted by Harold-Jan Verlee on 23-Jun-2014 10:57

Please make sure your rule assets are recompiled. In other words, the rule assets must somehow be a bit modified, resaved and recompiled in order to take in the changed rule trace parameter.

This thread is closed