Corticon Custom Data Types (CDT)

Posted by jan@nimblecg.com on 16-Jun-2014 15:47

One of the nicer new features of version 5 is the introduction of CDTs. I can see two typical uses of this - attach the cdt to an attribute data type to constraint the values for the attribute, as well as the possibility to define a list of "constants' that you can use in rules modeling, without the need to attach the CDT to any attribute. Just as in the case of the associations that you see in the vocab tab when modeling rules (you can select attributes in entities associated with a parent etc.), would it be possible to show one additional "parent" node in the vocab tab for rule sheets that lists all defined CDTS with labels or values, so that users can drag the 'constants' from the tree using the correct # syntax, just as one can drag attributes under entities under associations and get the correct path to that attribute, including the full path or association. I believe this will make the modeling of the rules even more BA friendly: one can drag entities, attributes, associations, operators and now the CDT labels as well. The current only option is to type in the entire CDT name, a # and the label name (or value if no label is used). This is quite elaborate if you have long lists of constants and longer names.... Jan van Nimwegen, 06/26/2014: the contents of this post no longer represents a 'valid' use of CDTs in Corticon, as I learned over the last week. Since I do not want to confuse users and get in the habit of using non-supported (but 'parse-able') patterns, I would like to request to remove this thread.

All Replies

Posted by Jan Krishnamurthy on 25-Jun-2014 13:54

Jan,

This request represents and enhancement request.

Please logs this request in the Ideas Section of the Community.

The video article below will walk you through the steps on how to log the request as an Idea in the Community

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P11255

Thank you,

Jan

This thread is closed