Error in deploying EDS file

Posted by apoorvajoshi on 18-Dec-2013 22:20

I have installed the Corticon Server 5.3.0 and applied the patch 5.3.2 over it. The CcServer EAR is deployed on WAS7. When I try to deploy an EDS file which is compiled using the same version (5.3.2) it gives me the following error : 

com.corticon.service.ccserver.exception.CcServerInvalidDecisionServiceException: EDS file needs to be recompiled using the latest version (5.3.0) of the API ICcServer or through the Deployment Console. EDS compiled in version 5.3.2
Object state for: null: null
at com.corticon.eclipse.server.core.CcServerUtils.validateDeploymentAgainstVersionNumbers(CcServerUtils.java:1893)
at com.corticon.eclipse.server.core.impl.CcServerImpl.addDecisionService(CcServerImpl.java:2581)
at com.corticon.eclipse.server.core.impl.CcServerImpl.addDecisionService(CcServerImpl.java:2336)
at com.corticon.eclipse.server.core.impl.CcServerImpl.addDecisionService(CcServerImpl.java:2282)
at com.corticon.eclipse.server.core.impl.CcServerImpl.addDecisionService(CcServerImpl.java:2210)
at com.ibm._jsp._CcDeployDecisionServiceResult.deployDecisionService(_CcDeployDecisionServiceResult.java:164)
at com.ibm._jsp._CcDeployDecisionServiceResult._jspService(_CcDeployDecisionServiceResult.java:305)
at com.ibm.ws.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:99)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1657)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1597)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:131)
at com.corticon.manage.SessionTimeoutFilter.doFilter(SessionTimeoutFilter.java:91)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:188)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:116)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:77)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:908)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:934)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:502)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:179)
at com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.servlet.GenericServletWrapper.handleRequest(GenericServletWrapper.java:121)
at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.AbstractJSPExtensionServletWrapper.handleRequest(AbstractJSPExtensionServletWrapper.java:259)
at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.AbstractJSPExtensionProcessor.handleRequest(AbstractJSPExtensionProcessor.java:353)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3933)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:276)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:931)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1583)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:186)
at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:445)
at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:504)
at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:301)
at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:83)
at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138)
at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204)
at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775)
at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905)
at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1604)

When I go to Monitor Rules Server on Server Console the version it shows is Version: 5.3 .0 -b2822 even though I have installed 5.3.2. How do I correct this ?

Posted by James Arsenault on 19-Dec-2013 09:45

Have you updated the deployed EAR file in WAS to 5.3.2? You've either not updated it or WAS has not loaded it.

All Replies

Posted by James Arsenault on 19-Dec-2013 09:45

Have you updated the deployed EAR file in WAS to 5.3.2? You've either not updated it or WAS has not loaded it.

Posted by Jan Krishnamurthy on 19-Dec-2013 09:50

The exception indicates  that there is a mismatch between the version on which the eds file was compiled and version of Corticon Server.The EDS file is compiled using version 5.3.2 and the CcServer is still on version 5.3.0.

How was Corticon Server upgraded from 5.3.0 to 5.3.2 and is the EAR file also upgraded to 5.3.2? Looks like the upgrade from 5.3.0 to 5.3.2 on the server was not successful. Can you try upgrading the server again ?

Posted by apoorvajoshi on 19-Dec-2013 11:26

I have tried multiple times. Just to be sure, also replaced all the jars within the EAR with those of the lib of 5.3.2. But no luck with any of the above.

Posted by Jan Krishnamurthy on 19-Dec-2013 11:37

Can you list the steps of your upgrade ?

This thread is closed