Problem with using GenericOEAdapter

Posted by anne-li on 30-Nov-2017 04:22

While using 11.5.1 I ran into the problem I’m about to describe 2-3 times. We recently upgraded from 11.5.1 to 11.7.2. During the upgrade I got it for all GenericOEAdapters used, but we hoped it was an upgrade only thing. Alas, now it has started up again.

I use a GenericOEAdapter to run a progress program. Works beautifully. Until it doesn’t, when it fails completely (I include the error message below). Everything looks perfect (still), it just fails. I can republish it (even uninstalling from server before doing so), and change all values in it, cleaning and building the projects, restarting, no matter what I try: it still fails. Until I remove the Activity and makes a new – perfectly identical – one. And then it works “again”. It’s like it gets corrupted.

I don’t have a sense of when it happens. I think I had made minor changes when it failed prior to the upgrade. Once I moved the workspace to new computer and we spent nearly half a day thinking it was the setup that failed before we realised what had happened. And after the upgrade all GenericOEAdapters I had used (so far “only” eight in six processes) failed when I republished their processes. They all worked in 11.5.1. Then I opened my 11.5.1. workspace in 11.7.2 – it did the upgrading whatever it did and then I published them – and then they all failed. I retried a bit, also on a colleagues computer, but same result. So I went over them and replaced all with identical copies and they all worked. And this time I did small changes to a process (and not even in the adapter) and republished it – and it started to fail again … I got it working and it worked again and then a few days later I did some other small changes to the process (again, not even in the adapter) and republished it – and now it fails again …

It’s somewhat annoying, because I don’t know what causes this and it feels as if I can’t trust the adapters now … and I’d rather not have to use webservices when I want to tiny queries in to progress …

One of my co-workers got a very similar problem in 11.5.1, with a process simply not working, until part of it was rebuilt to identical bits. She didn’t use a GenericOEAdapter, though, so this could be something completely unrelated, but it was highly frustrating as well. The last thing you expect is to something that you’ve already tested and had working properly just “stops working” …

Any suggestion what is going on would be appreciated!

- Anne-Li

==

Encountered an exception while executing following adapter workstep:

Process Instance Name: <CompleteProcess#615> Workstep Name: <EndProcess> Adapter class: <com.savvion.sbm.adapters.oe.OEAdapter>

Following exception occurred while executing the above mentioned adapter workstep.

So the adapter workstep is suspended.

com.savvion.sbm.bizlogic.util.BizLogicAppException: (3501) Adapter <615>:<3>:<1> execution failed.; context(EPM.processAdapter)

at com.savvion.sbm.bizlogic.server.EPManager.processAdapter(Unknown Source)

at com.savvion.sbm.bizlogic.server.AdapterRunner.processAdapter(Unknown Source)

at com.savvion.sbm.bizlogic.server.AdapterRunner.executeUsingUT(Unknown Source)

at com.savvion.sbm.bizlogic.server.ejb.BLAdapterMDB.onMessage(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:386)

at org.jboss.ejb.MessageDrivenContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(MessageDrivenContainer.java:513)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:156)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:63)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:121)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.java:173)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenTxInterceptorBMT.invoke(MessageDrivenTxInterceptorBMT.java:47)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor.invoke(MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor.java:115)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.RunAsSecurityInterceptor.process(RunAsSecurityInterceptor.java:133)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.RunAsSecurityInterceptor.invoke(RunAsSecurityInterceptor.java:103)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:205)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:138)

at org.jboss.ejb.MessageDrivenContainer.internalInvoke(MessageDrivenContainer.java:415)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:1029)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor377.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:157)

at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:96)

at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)

at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)

at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:668)

at org.jboss.invocation.local.LocalInvoker$MBeanServerAction.invoke(LocalInvoker.java:169)

at org.jboss.invocation.local.LocalInvoker.invoke(LocalInvoker.java:118)

at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invokeLocal(InvokerInterceptor.java:209)

at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:195)

at org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:61)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.inflow.MessageEndpointInterceptor.delivery(MessageEndpointInterceptor.java:249)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.inflow.MessageEndpointInterceptor.invoke(MessageEndpointInterceptor.java:128)

at org.jboss.proxy.ClientMethodInterceptor.invoke(ClientMethodInterceptor.java:74)

at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:101)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy180.onMessage(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsServerSession.onMessage(JmsServerSession.java:178)

at org.jboss.jms.client.container.ClientConsumer.callOnMessageStatic(ClientConsumer.java:160)

at org.jboss.jms.client.container.SessionAspect.handleRun(SessionAspect.java:831)

at org.jboss.aop.advice.org.jboss.jms.client.container.SessionAspect_z_handleRun_1665580848.invoke(SessionAspect_z_handleRun_1665580848.java)

at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:102)

at org.jboss.jms.client.container.ClosedInterceptor.invoke(ClosedInterceptor.java:170)

at org.jboss.aop.advice.PerInstanceInterceptor.invoke(PerInstanceInterceptor.java:86)

at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:102)

at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientSessionDelegate.run(ClientSessionDelegate.java)

at org.jboss.jms.client.JBossSession.run(JBossSession.java:199)

at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsServerSession.run(JmsServerSession.java:234)

at org.jboss.resource.work.WorkWrapper.execute(WorkWrapper.java:205)

at org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicTaskWrapper.run(BasicTaskWrapper.java:260)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Caused by: com.savvion.sbm.bizlogic.util.BizLogicAppException: (1576) Error in External Performer Execution <com.savvion.sbm.adapters.oe.OEAdapter:execute> for the Process Instance <CompleteProcess#615>.; context(EPManager.invokePerformingMethod)

at com.savvion.sbm.bizlogic.server.EPManager.invokePerformingMethod(Unknown Source)

at com.savvion.sbm.bizlogic.server.EPManager.invokeAdapter(Unknown Source)

... 56 more

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

... 58 more

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.progress.caf.exception.CafArchiveException: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

at com.savvion.sbm.adapters.oe.OECafAdapter.invokeCAF(Unknown Source)

at com.savvion.sbm.adapters.oe.OEAdapter.execute(Unknown Source)

... 62 more

Caused by: com.progress.caf.exception.CafArchiveException: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

at com.progress.caf.archive.StagingDirectory.extractArchive(StagingDirectory.java:149)

at com.progress.caf.archive.ExtractedArchive.<init>(ExtractedArchive.java:28)

at com.progress.caf.archive.DefaultArchiveExtractor.extractArchive(DefaultArchiveExtractor.java:47)

at com.progress.caf.context.handler.ArchiveContextHandler.getArchive(ArchiveContextHandler.java:35)

at com.progress.caf.service.impl.AbstractCAFService.doLoadArchiveConfiguration(AbstractCAFService.java:263)

at com.progress.caf.service.impl.AbstractCAFService.init(AbstractCAFService.java:103)

... 64 more

Caused by: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.fill(InflaterInputStream.java:240)

at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java:158)

at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(ZipInputStream.java:193)

at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:107)

at com.progress.caf.util.FileUtils.unzip(FileUtils.java:147)

at com.progress.caf.archive.StagingDirectory.extractArchive(StagingDirectory.java:145)

... 69 more

All Replies

This thread is closed