Performance on user management

Posted by Tom Oosterwijk on 15-Nov-2016 09:18

Hi,

We create OEBPM (11.4) applications for our customers, and one of them was wondering whether is was faster to assign authorization to users or to user groups (besides the hassle you need to go through en risk of errors if you want to add/remove right from a group of people).

I assume it doesn't matter (much), but they are pretty sure it worked faster when you assign authorization to individual users when they were working with Savvion, so I thought I'd ask the experts. Is performance better when authorization is done on user level instead of group level? Or is it impossible to say?

Thanks in advance!

Posted by skothuri on 16-Nov-2016 05:07

BPM caches Users & Groups at the same level and I believe it will not be so different if we access users instead of groups.

And we do have the authorization for users who logs-in into BPM Portal and with other API interfaces.

Can you please provide some more details on "authorization done on group level" and what is the use case so that we can come up with a better approach?

All Replies

Posted by skothuri on 16-Nov-2016 05:07

BPM caches Users & Groups at the same level and I believe it will not be so different if we access users instead of groups.

And we do have the authorization for users who logs-in into BPM Portal and with other API interfaces.

Can you please provide some more details on "authorization done on group level" and what is the use case so that we can come up with a better approach?

This thread is closed