How to configure adapter database from conection with firebi

Posted by Rafael Fontes on 14-Sep-2016 16:40

Configuring the adapter to connect to Firebird database, I tried to leave the set db.properties but did not recognize the type as left type firebird.
Please help me.
Thank you very much!

All Replies

Posted by Jawahar Surapaneni on 15-Sep-2016 00:08

Hi,

We assume you are trying to connect to Firebird database using the OpenEdge BPM DB adapter.

The BPM db adapter supports Oracle, MSSQL Server, OpenEdge and DataDirect Cloud type databases.

If possible, can you please explain us the usecase that you are trying?

Regards,

Jawahar.

Posted by Rafael Fontes on 15-Sep-2016 07:27

Hi,

I need use a Firebird Database, then I need configure a new adapter database from Firebird Database.

Is possible?

Thank you very much.

Posted by Jawahar Surapaneni on 15-Sep-2016 07:37

Hi,

As of now, Firebird Database is currently not in the list of supported database with in the Database Adapter.

Please see the below image for reference..

If you are already aware of this? Did you try any customized approach to connect to Firebird db? If so, what driver dis you plan to use?

Regards,

Jawahar.

Posted by Rafael Fontes on 16-Sep-2016 13:56

Hi,

Yes , I knew i do not have the connection Firebird db adapter.

But I need to find a way to connect the Firebird db via jdbc without BPM .

It is possible this connection ?

Thank you very much in advance .

Rafael Fontes.

Posted by Jawahar Surapaneni on 20-Sep-2016 01:19

Hi Rafael,

In OpenEdge BPM, we have a concept of Custom Adapter, where you can write your own custom code to talk to External Systems.

As per your requirement, you can write custom code which can wrapped with in the custom adapter, that talks to Firebird database.

You need to handle everything with in the custom adapter

For Ex: Connecting to Database, Accessing the records, Fetching the data from the records  etc.

You need to  place the run time jdbc jars and other dependent jars necessary to connect to Firebird database in the BPM project\lib folder

Regards,

Jawahar.

Posted by Rafael Fontes on 20-Sep-2016 07:44

Hi,

I managed the way you explained .

Thank you very much.

This thread is closed